Avatars and some worlds not loading randomly at times

The connection just times out, I have no idea. It has always worked nicely and I can access VRC website fine as well as join the VRC servers in game and hear people, see where they are, join worlds (if they’re already downloaded lol) etc… Only thing I can’t do is download any kind of files that will get cached. I can talk, move around, use chat and see all of the same for everyone else. It’s exclusively the downloaded cache files that won’t work, but the servers themselves it seems like I can access them no problem.

Update: I can’t open VRChat at all. I see quickly the “Logging in as itsthatMia” but it doesn’t even reach the loading home world screen, it doesn’t time me out either. Tried every fix again and nothing works, I can’t get past the log in screen. What even is happening…

Edit, update 2: Now it loads, but still having the same download glitch.

I dont think its wise to try things that might cause more problems than it might not even fix… this is defo a problem on vr chat’s part that, somewhat, have been changed and give now issues outside of possibly US it seems? this still need to be adressed to found clear evidence of it.

so we kinda booped i guess…

Hmm, personally I’ve recently seen Finland, Thailand, and Australia users online.

What about the website that you can log into? Do the thumbnails work?

I think that a bug report should be filled, the client doesn’t seem to pick up on when it can’t access the asset servers. Recently I join a world and my avatar doesn’t load in 40% of the time. Like the avatar I was just wearing and it can’t load in. Rejoin the world just works for that.

website have no issues at all, its only the client. What about EAC? Would EAC give issues server issues?

Ive seen them online, but the few people that had this issue- and I know of- where not from US, all of em.

If they didnt even responded to Mia ticket yet, and from what I heard, they usually don’t until ages later… I really dont know whats the best course of action when this problem happens.

Yep, they haven’t replied to the ticket I opened over a week ago and I’m guessing they won’t either for a while during holidays. Also yes, it is not affecting everyone outside of the US of course, just happens to be that most of the people having this issue are not US players. Website works perfectly, game works fine in terms of basic login and pinging servers but what does not work is any download that will remain in my computer (any cache file). I’m willing to bet Quest client would work fine too, seeing how random the bug is and how impossible it is to replicate in the same way. To me it seems to have gotten better but not playable yet, for example I’ve been able to download and join two worlds and load about 90% of avis in them (second world I joined was where the bug began happening after some seconds inside) while before I was lucky if I could load 1 world/avi at all. Still not really playable as it’s completely random and it was only two times I managed to load an acceptable amount of cache before it fucked up again.

You may have tried this already, but this sometimes helps me with weird issues…

1. Shut down PC and unplug it from the wall/outlet
  2. Press the power button once
  3. Wait a minute
  4. Plug PC back into wall/outlet

This helped me recently with the oculus software not wanting to work right on my PC. It may or may not work, but it’s worth a shot and doesn’t take too long.

its gettin worse on christmas, they really dont give a poop

Posting here to let everyone know it seems to have fixed itself after a week of not opening the game. All I did was wait, used my PC as usual, installed and played some other games in the meantime. Seems like the solution was waiting it out like that one guy told me in the Steam forum, so good luck to anyone who finds this thread in the future with the same issue o7.

(VRChat support never replied to my ticket from weeks ago about this issue.)

Edit: They ended up replying.

what did they end up saying i have had the same issue for about 1 and half months now

Nothing, they asked if I still needed help which I didn’t.

for me the issue completely stopped now since one or half week ago, everything is running smooth.

So yeah… server or cloud problems.

Hii!! I’ve been having this issue since about late November, I believe. Absolutely ridiculous! Still going on for me and have become quite a bit desperate.

And no, I’m not troubleshooting it anymore! I have literally BUILT AN ENTIRELY NEW COMPUTER, changed OS and even bought a new router ever since the problem started. Have tried different VPNs and DNS’s it does nothing and it’s driving me insane, hahaha.

(Just in case, I didn’t buy anything specifically for solving the problem, but the fact remains that’s enough done on my end to discard the problem possibly being related to my setup xD, I hope?)

Well at least we know that this issue is not related to us, but something to do with the servers or how they connect to our network. If you haven’t already, I would open a ticket to support and see what they can do. Best of luck!

This issue has been happening to me for the past 4 months. It’s is infuriating. I’ve pretty much quit avatar creation and playing the game all together, cause I cant do anything. Plz fix this, Tupper.

I have this same issue, it fixes if i use my hotspot, however that is very limited

I have an update. as a last resort I thought i’d try using a VPN…it only went and worked perfectly. so after spending hours pulling my hair out, all i needed was a vpn. i’m going through Ukraine if anyone if wondering.

@_Amnesiac ty so much dude u saved me

Getting the same issue listed above. I’m going crazy

I’ve had this issue before, the fix might be weird but it generally fixes this specific issue.

Disable IPv6

I have no idea why IPv6 and VRChat don’t play nice but this is a potential workaround that doesn’t involved a VPN.

Funny enough the best guide I found for disabling IPv6 is from NordVPN: How to enable/disable IPv6 | NordVPN

Also for the record, unlike every YouTube video ever these days, this is not sponsored by NordVPN