Like I re-setup an avatar I had modified, brought it back it in, and copied over the stuff from the old one, and now the hands are stuck(they actually moved for a few seconds and just stayed stuck aftewards).
Meanwhile, the original I set up with the older version of the mesh works just fine.
I didn’t want to override the working older file in case something went wrong.
I’m gonna now go test and see if the hands work when nothing is in the FX or other layers of the avatar descriptor. If they are still stuck, something must have gone wrong when I imported it.
EDIT: Nevermind, it was the FX layer that was causing the problems.