My Avatar Lags for Other People If I'm in a world too long

Rig:
Ryzen 3600
Tomahawk B350 (Beta bios for 3000 series compatibility)
16gb ram 2400 mhz 4x4gb
M.2 ssd
1060 6gb

So basically if I’m in a world for too long I get complaints from everyone that any avatars I’m wearing just randomly start moving at 5fps, even if I’m running the game at 30 FPS.
The quick fix right now is just to reload the world, but sometimes I need to make sure the world master goes to an appropriate user within a club so that’s not always an option. Plus this only works for about 15-30 minutes depending on how packed the world is.

I’ve recently completely reinstalled windows to try and fix this issue to no avail. Had the problem the exact same night.

Any ideas on what could be causing this issues and any ideas how to fix it would be highly appreciated.

4 Likes

I have the exact same problem.
Rig:

CPU
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core Processor
6 Cores
GPU
Radeon RX 590 Series
Primary/Discrete
VRAM
8192 MB
GDDR5 2100 MHz
RAM
32 GB

I have 76 fps, I have 195 ping stable doesnt chance much other like like 5 up and down, Im playing the game on desktoplow settings, almost all of the safety settings are turned off like I dont see peoples avatars, avatar voice, animations, shaders, lights etc. even for friends only avatars and speaking etc. are on, I also have avatar limit of 100mb, I make the game work on high priority, all my drivers are updated.

The game is super smooth for me, my voice is also smooth to others but for some reason my avatar keeps teleporting around for others if i stay in an instance for longer than 10 minutes. I always check my ping too it is always stable. But when I reopen the game it gets fixed. My cache is always below 5gbs I clear it almost everytime Im leaving the game or when it lags.
I’ve searched many discussions about it and tried many other things. Even all the firewall and antivirus of windows 10 is disabled just in case if its the one bothering it. I dont have any other antivirus or third app like that too. I only run with discord and steam(+vrchat obviously). People with worse ping like around 300-350 doesnt teleport still. I still dont know what could be the problem and Im gonna go crazy over it. If you or anyone can fix it, can you help me out too? I have the same name inside the game and on Discord and other platforms like Steam etc. too

Edit: Im using an avatar with excellent performance. It doesnt have anything on it and animation of my avatar looks fine for now but for some other avatars with animations, it doesnt look fine. Depends on people too. For some people im lagging for some im not.

I’m having the exact same problem as you two. Have either of you found a fix?

1 Like

Still havent found a fix. It’s just something I have to work around and constantly reload worlds after about 30 minutes if someone brings it up.

1 Like

I have to do the same, no matter what avatar I try. I’ve reinstalled Windows, and even swapped from Vive to Index kit.

That’s me in pink :frowning:

1 Like

this is an infuriating issue that also happens with me

Does anyone solved this? Have the same problem

at least show your avatar specs. you can find them in vrchat too

This happens with every avatar that i use, even if the person block my avatar they see me with low framerates(as a robot),i tried everything, different internets,playing via cable+pc,using windows 11 and 10, i play with 40+ fps and 40 ping , its like i see myself very smooth but somehow other people see my avatar like with 3,4 fps after spending more than 10-15 minutes on a server, i play via PC+VR, this is so frustrating my pc its i7 12700k, nvidia rtx 3060 so i have no problems with fps myself.

A year and a half later and I still have not solved the problem. The only thing thats solved it is using a different computer. But I have not changed out any major hardware so it has to be a compatability issue I believe. Probably motherboard, ethernet, or ram based.

Edit: So basically for the last year and a half when using my main rig i have to rejoin the world every 30 minutes. Theres been too many variables for me to pin point what stat actually causes the issue. World pop, world size, avatar specs, but I think the larger the world population the faster the issue occurs. cause ive been in worlds with just 1 person and the issue never occurs for hours without rejoining.

Well this happen alot to make i want to have a little talk on discord with you Rezken if you can please, my dc is Kani#6162

I haven’t observed this issue yet. I have one friend with crap internet and when they freeze thier audio doesn’t go through either.

Has this issue been posted to the bug tracker?

I’d describe it as the player update rate goes way down after half an hour. IK update? The key words are “update rate”.

I clicked this thinking that someone had an avatar that’d get laggier and laggier the longer it’s running. But then swapping avatars would fix that one.

1 Like

No, I wasnt aware of the bug tracker. I’ll look into it.

Edit: It cannot be added to the canny bug tracker cause it is not replicable on every setup.

Hi, I didn’t think of it before, but if you think about it, you don’t have a problem, other people have a problem…

NYE event is coming up maybe you show off the bug to vrchat in general? 5fps but can actually talk to sounds super neat. Usually someone that slow you just can’t talk to.

I guess “stop looking at me I’ll slow down” is too long for a status :frowning:

10mins → 10fps

1 Like

This sounds similar to this issue. Not exactly of course, but maybe there’s some nuggets in there that might help? Or maybe give some food for thought?

Still have this issue, upgrading from vive 2.0 trackers to tundras did not resolve. Looking more and more hardware related than anything.

1 Like

Having the same issue, Gigabyte Motherboard and Ryzen 7 5800X3D here running on Win 11 and a Nvidia RTX 3070.

Whenever I’m in an instance for too long (4-5 hours), one of my friends will see me “laaging” in about 12 FPS or so.

I’ve switched CPUs from a Ryzen 5 2600 to a Ryzen 7 5800X3D, issue still applies. Would appreciate a revival of these posts, and a bug report worth looking into. It’s very annoying.