Introductions - K.dance (Starheart Studio)

Name, pronouns:

Hi! Im K.dance (She/Her or They/Them)

What I Do in VRChat:

Im an avatar, asset, and 3.0 system creator.
I prefer Unity work over scratch blender work, and have invested a great deal of time and effort into making that my specialty, but the other member of Starheart Studio (Rylee) is a talented world and scratch asset creator, and together we’re creating mostly scratch themed avatars heavy on customization and features. We also do optimized avatars.
Both of us are also interested in game development, Im presently learning to program and Rylee is already working on their own game.

What I do outside VRChat:

When Im not immersed in a project, I can usually be found playing video games. Besides VRChat, I enjoy Overwatch, The Finals, Team Fight Tactics, Valheim, and Life is Strange, to name a few.
I also enjoy Dungeons and Dragons, Tarot Reading, and ASMR.
I spend much of my time in my small apartment with my partner (whom I was lucky enough to meet on VRChat) and my ferret, Mercy (yes like the OW character).

Why and How I Joined VRChat:

I was in a situation where I wasnt permitted to work during 2020, and I desperately needed social interaction/something to do. Someone lent me a quest to play with and I decided to check out VRChat. Initially, I will admit, I didnt like it. Every world I went to was brimming with children screaming and talking over eachother. In a last ditch effort I joined a somber looking world with just two people in it, in hopes Id find a adults. Thankfully this worked and one of those people friended me, took me under her wing, and showed me around, Nearly 4 years later, she’s still one of my best friends. After that I quickly became hooked, getting online almost daily for months before I finally took the plunge and bought my own headset, a new computer, and full body tracking because I desperately wanted to experience dancing in vr. A few months after that I fell into yet another rabbit hole and started creating for vrchat.

Favorite VRChat Memory:

Shortly after my partner and I started dating, we spent a few hours cuddled up in Dream Waves and listening to music together, that was when she told me she loved me for the first time. I’ll never forget it.

Favorite World:

Picture of my usual avatar:

Kris V2, my winter Avi <3

Why I came to these forums:

I love learning and helping others learn. I want to be more involved and this seems like a geat place to do that. <3

Finding the right person to guide you through your first steps really seems to be a common repeat story!

Welcome!