VRChat - Unity 2022.3.22f1-DWRL_25d47db03acc

Vrchat keep crashing and i don’t know why. crashes in vr and desktop
seems to be at random? sometime i can last for 5mins or sometimes 35 mins or 1 hour then i crash

My PC
Intel Core i9 13th Gen 13900KF 3.0GHz Processor
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070Ti 12GB GDDR6X
G.Skill 32GB DDR5-5600 RAM
2TB Solid State Drive

i’ve tired reinstalling windows, reinstalling game, messing with avatar settings, changing safety settings, tried different resolutions on the headset. every driver and windows is up to date
any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

When you’re checking drivers, where are you checking? I’m still mad about windows update “updating” me to an older driver and that was over a year ago. For GPU might want a closer look.

I have also had to do this once https://help.vrchat.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500002247921-VRChat-keeps-crashing-or-has-issues-launching-properly

I’m checking my graphics card drivers are up to date and my windows drivers. i did those steps but still end up crashing.

I did specifically ask how you’re checking the GPU driver.

sorry read it wrong. I’m checking it with the GeForce experience app.

Ah, good good. I have seen some stuff recently about 13th and 14th gen chips from Intel being a bit crash happy, particularly the i9 ones :frowning:

It’s a new bug in VRChat nowadays The game keep crashing that’s happening to me and also my friends in few weeks, you just need to wait for upcoming updates to fix it, i hope you be happy and have a good day!

1 Like

You might have a CPU issue not a VRChat issue. Might be worth contacting Intel. You might only be experiencing the issue in VRChat because it pushes your CPU harder then other games might.

For backstory why you might want to double check your system.

1 Like

Hello friends, Bippy here,

I have resolved my crashing issues in VRChat. It turns out there were multiple factors causing the problem. First, my RAM was not functioning properly, so I swapped it out, and that stopped the crashing. Additionally, I had a defective i9 13th-gen CPU. MSI has already released a patch for the BIOS, which completely fixed the crashing issue. I’ve been testing for about 3-4 days with no crashes at all. I’m not saying this will fix your problem, but it fixed mine.