VRChat New Years Eve 2024: Entertainment Network, Posters, and more!

Once again, for New Years 2024, VRChat is throwing a big party in celebration of the community!

For a peek at last year’s party, check out our promo tweet:

https://twitter.com/VRChat/status/1606049684577034243

Theme: Groups and Communities!

The theme this year is Groups and Communities! We want you to show off and promote the heck out of your VRChat Group, your streaming community, your world building collective, or whatever other groups you’re a member of in VRChat!

Posters, Videos, and Logos, Oh My!

If you want to participate, we’ve opened up submissions for THREE different ways to make your mark on the world:

Posters

Show off your Group or your community with a big billboard! Share space with the big names and faces adorning the sides of the VRChat New Years Square!

Check out the sections below to learn how to submit your poster!

Videos

This year, check out the VRChat Entertainment Network as it returns for a reprise!

The Entertainment Network is a long streamed video consisting of pre-recorded content, created by our community, for New Years Eve 2024!

Check out the sections below to learn more about how to submit your video!

Logos

We’ve got a section in the back alley of the world with a blank wall, ready to be tagged up!

If you’re a part of the VRChat music scene as a venue owner, an event runner, band member, DJ, VJ, producer, or whatever, send in your logo, and we’ll do our best to fit it on the wall with the rest of the VRChat Music community!

Again, check below to learn how to submit your stuff!

Submitting a Poster or Logo

Posters

Ready to submit your poster for the VRChat New Years Eve world? You’re in the right place!

The VRChat New Years Eve world is a big celebration where we feature the Community! Posters, booths, logos, video, and more showcase the community and let people hang out as they ring in the New Year.

We need a ton of posters to fill out this world, and this year, EVERYONE can submit posters!

We’ve reserved some slots, but over half of the posters in the world are open for anyone to submit a poster for!

:information_source: Check out the VRCNYE Poster entry form for more info!

You can also hop into the VRCNYE 2023 world here if you want to check it out to see what the posters will look like!

Logos

If you’re a part of the scene as a venue owner, an event runner, band member, DJ, VJ, producer, or whatever , send in your logo, and we’ll do our best to fit it on the wall with the rest of the VRChat Music community!

:information_source: Check out the VRCNYE Music Logo entry form for more info!

You can hop into the VRCNYE 2023 world here and head to the back section if you want to see what the logos look like! From spawn, walk towards the square, and go into the alley on the right. The wall is what you’re looking for.

Posters and Logos FAQ

Poster and Logo Submission Details and FAQ

:warning: You must use a Google account to submit your poster.

This is done to track submissions and prevent abuse.

:warning: **SUBMISSIONS CLOSE FRIDAY DECEMBER 1ST AT 12PM PACIFIC TIME. **

There are no extensions, no late submissions, no exceptions.

:warning: Entry is not guaranteed.

VRChat will select a number of posters to be shown in the world for the New Years Eve event.

What can I submit?

You can submit a poster, or you can submit a logo if you or your community is part of the VRChat music community.

Posters

A PNG image, either “square” or “tall”. 2048x2048 if square, 1024x2048 if tall.

The PNG image must be a “poster” that promotes or shows off a VRChat Group or community. The content should be at most “T for Teen”.

Posters that showcase a VRChat :vrcGroup:Group will be favored.

:information_source: There’s more info in our submission form. Check it out!

Logos

Submit a PNG image, square, of at least 512x512 resolution.

The PNG image must be a “logo” that promotes a venue, creator, DJ, VJ, producer, or etc involved in the VRChat music community.

:information_source: There’s more info in our submission form. Check it out!

How many slots do you have?

Posters

9 square (2048x2048) posters, 27 tall (1024x2048) posters.

Logos

As many as we can fit into the texture for the graffiti wall. Practically speaking, about 50-70, potentially more.

What’s the due date?

Monday, December 1st, 2023, at 12PM Pacific time.

Can I submit late?

No, sorry. That’s a hard cut-off date.

What are the terms?

Please check the relevant submission form. Only submit content you own or have the rights to.

Submitted content must follow the VRChat Terms of Service, Community Guidelines, and Creator Guidelines.

:warning: Entry does not guarantee your poster or logo will be chosen. :warning: VRChat reserves the right to refuse any submission for any reason and at any time, with no obligation to disclose the reasoning.

Will be I told if my poster/logo got in?

Yes, we’ll try our best to contact everyone who got in. Expect a message and/or email by December 8th.

We’ll probably try to do this by pinging you in Discord, so please be in our Discord!

Will I be told if my poster/logo didn’t get in, and why it didn’t get in?

Sorry, we won’t be able to do this. We’re expecting way too many submissions.

I have another question not answered here.

Head over to our Discord and ask in the VRCNYE2024 forums! Make sure you tag the VRCNYE2024 management role.

Submitting a Video for the VRChat Entertainment Network

Welcome back, video creators! It’s that time again – the VRChat Entertainment Network is going live once again!

The VRChat Entertainment Network is a video stream consisting of pre-recorded content for New Years Eve 2024!

The stream will start at the first official New Years celebration: UTC +14, Kiribati, in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. It will continue onward through all of the New Years celebrations! We’ll be publishing a schedule at a later time.

During this time, people can come and visit the VRChat New Years Square world, where we’ll be hosting the celebrations. But… we need something going on and playing for people to enjoy! This is where you come in.

Do you:

• Want to show off your Group?
  • Make a world in VRChat?
  • Make avatars?
  • Tell stories?
  • Run an event?
  • Make animated content?
  • Play music?
  • Dance?
  • Want to make sure everyone stays hydrated?
  • Want to wish the entirety of VRChat a Happy New Year?

Can you think of anything remotely VRChat-related that’ll fit in a video?

Now’s your time!

Create whatever you like, submit it here, and we’ll take a look. As long as you follow the rules and the video is good, we’ll play it as part of the compilation!

:information_source: Click here to view the VIDEO submission form!

We’ll play the compilation live on Twitch during NYE, and make the video available for downloading or streaming so you can watch it at your own pace with friends.

Guidelines and Licensing

Content Guidelines

• Your content must follow the VRChat Terms of Service, Community Guidelines, and Creator Guidelines.
  • You must have the rights to the content you submit. If you submit content, you are stating that you have the rights to upload your content and allow us to play it on a video stream.
  • VRChat reserves the right to reject any submission for any reason, at any time, with no obligation to disclose the rejection or the reason for rejection.
  • Do not use your video to advertise a product. This includes digital or physical products, services, or storefronts, Patreon or Patreon-like profiles, or any other link or content intended to solicit money from the viewer. Fake/joke products are fine.
  • Videos should ideally promote or involve a VRChat Group! We’ll favor videos that promote VRChat Groups. Include your Group’s shortname (like “VRCHAT.0000”) in the video itself.
  • Twitter/X, TikTok, YouTube, Twitch links are fine. We’re also fine with you promoting your own brand if you’re a VRChat creator. Keep in mind we’re going to review your links and channels. Please don’t use QR codes or etc, we’ll reject those.
  • Keep your content appropriate. Think along the lines of ESRB T, PEGI 12, USK 12. Aim for “family-friendly”. Try your best to keep rude, lewd, or lascivious subjects to a minimum, even if it’s tongue-in-cheek.
  • Avatars that appear in the video should appear/be clothed appropriately for a video a company is going to put out publicly. In previous years, some videos submitted contained avatars that were over this line, and the entire video had to be rejected. Play it safe!
  • Discord links are only OK if your server has enabled the Discord Community system.
  • Do not use harsh video or audio. Excessively loud audio or shocking/harsh visuals will be rejected.
  • Avoid using lots of text or small text. In addition to being difficult to review, depending on the stream quality, the text may not be readable.
  • You will not be informed if your video is used in our stream or exactly when it will air. We will do our best to post a schedule before the event so you can know roughly when your video will show.

License Requirements

Here’s the legalese version you have to agree to in the submission form:

By checking the “I Agree” checkbox below and submitting this form, you agree to VRChat’s Terms of Service (“TOS”) and agree that the content you are submitting shall be considered “User Content” thereunder, for purposes including but not limited to the license grants governing User Content provided in Section 9 of the TOS.

Roughly summarized, in order to submit video content to us, you have to have the capability to grant us license to the content as defined in our Terms of Service when we talk about “User Content”. Usually, this means that you made the content.

Technical Guidelines

• 1920x1080 @ 30FPS. Fill out the full resolution. Portrait is fine, but don’t go overboard, and fill in the background (zoomed, blurred duplicate is fine)
  • Video: h264 at most 4000kbps
  • Audio: AAC
  • At least 10 seconds long, and no longer than 10 minutes. If you want to submit a longer video, please contact us on Discord in the #entertainment-network forum channel. Make a thread, write up your request, and tag it with “Long Video Request”. Ping the “VRCNYE Management” role.
  • You must submit a final version. The final version MUST be submitted via Google Drive. Any submissions without a final version will not be used.
Video Submission FAQ

:warning: You must use a Google account to submit your video.

This is done to track submissions and prevent abuse.

:warning: **SUBMISSIONS CLOSE FRIDAY DECEMBER 1ST AT 12PM PACIFIC TIME. **

There are no extensions, no late submissions, no exceptions.

:warning: Entry is not guaranteed.

Submitting your video is not a guarantee that your video will be selected.

What’s the Entertainment Network?

It’s a video stream we run on New Years Eve, featuring community-submitted videos. We put them together into one big video and show it during the celebrations.

When’s it due?

Friday, December 1st, 2023, at 12PM Pacific time.

How do I check on my submission’s status?

We’ll set up a status form on or before November 22nd.

I got a “No”! wtf!!

If you got a “No”, it’s because our reviewers determined the content violated one of the tech or content guidelines. They’ll note it in the comments. You can try to submit a new version if you’d like.

i have a question

that’s fine! ask here, I’ll try my best to answer or find you an answer

What can I submit?

Any VRChat-related video at most 10 minutes long. It should be “T for Teens” rated, at most.

Videos should ideally promote or involve a VRChat Group. We’ll favor videos that do that.

Finally, of course, it must follow the VRChat Terms of Service, Community Guidelines, and Creator Guidelines.

What are the terms?

Check the form here. It’s the same as the VRChat Terms of Service. Only submit content you own or have the rights to. This includes audio and music you’re using in the video!

:warning: Entry does not guarantee your video will be shown. :warning: VRChat reserves the right to refuse any submission for any reason and at any time, with no obligation to disclose the reasoning.

Where can I submit a video?

Right here!

How many time slots do you have?

About 26 hours total.

Can I submit late?

No, sorry. That’s a hard cut-off date.

What’s the video tech specs?

Check the submission form but tl;dr 1080p, 30FPS, AAC audio. 4000 kbps encoding. Keep it under 10 minutes.

I want to put up a longer video.

If you’ve got a good reason to do so, make a post in this forum and tag it with “Long Video Request”. Ping @VRCNYE Management , and we’ll get to you.

Approval of a longer video does not automatically get you into the Entertainment Network.

If time runs short, we will favor showing more videos instead of one long video, so keep that in mind.

Can I submit a DJ/music/performance set?

Sure! However, that’ll probably run long, so you must request approval. Also, if time runs short, we will favor showing more videos instead of one long video.

I want direct feedback from a team member.

Due to the amount of submissions, this might not be possible, but we’ll try our best. Ask in this forum.

I have another question not answered here.

Good! Ask it in this forum and tag it appropriately. Ping @VRCNYE Management. We might add your question here to make sure others can see the answer.

Will be I told if my video got in?

We’ll try our best to contact everyone who got in. Expect a message and/or email by December 8th.

Will I be told if my video didn’t get in, and why it didn’t get in?

Sorry, we won’t be able to do this.

How do I know when my video will play?

We’ll try our best to publish a rough schedule closer to the event, but we can’t guarantee a schedule.

How can I view the stream later?

We’ll have the file available for download for a short period of time after NYE, at least a week. Please download and archive it within that timeframe!

What do I maaaaake

Honestly anything you want, as long as it’s remotely VRChat related.

Here’s some more examples:

• A showcase of VRChat worlds
  • A fake commercial for a product that doesn’t exist
  • Highlight clips of VRChat events you’ve run
  • A mini-documentary on X VRChat subject
  • A short comedy show
  • A clip of you and your friends wishing everyone a happy new year
  • A nonsensical and completely incorrect “late night cable TV” instructional video on how to make avatars
  • A “found footage” segment where I’m not getting lost in the Backrooms, but instead I’m getting lost in the search results for “The Backrooms” in VRChat
  • A safari expedition into VRChat where you record a documentary on all the different people staring into mirrors

Here’s one someone on our team made. It’s very cute.

How do I make it?!

You can just straight-up record in VRChat if you want, zero editing. Use OBS!

Of course, if you want to do something a bit more complicated, a bit of editing will probably help.

If you want to do some editing, here’s some recommendations:

• DaVinci Resolve has a free version but it’s pretty complicated and might be overkill.
  • Pitvi is pretty good, albeit it has a bit of clunk. That being said, it’s Free and Open Source Software
  • Shotcut’s interface is a little clunky, but its decent for basic edits
  • Oddly enough, Microsoft Photos Legacy is a video editor and it isn’t the worst thing out there (and its free)

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.