VRChat is not recognized through Geforce Experience

VRChat is not recognized through Geforce Experience.
I know it is not an official support program, but please check whether the capture function is possible by recognizing it as a game.
This is a capture function of Geforce Experience that allows you to use VRChat as a screenshot or recording function.
After about June 17, 2022, the program’s VRChat has not been recognized. (Other games have been confirmed to be recognized.)

I used a translator

1 Like

I been using Geforce Experince for the longest time however at somepoint it didn’t just not been able to recognized VRChat through it anymore which was my way to clip things in vrc, now I always keep clipping my desktop by mistake

How can I make vrchat appear in Geforce Experience? what went wrong?

I’m not sure if it’s relevant to “Geforce now”, but I was looking at options for game capture in recent OBS and I noticed a check box for anti cheat friendly capture. But if other anti cheat games work with Geforce now, best bet would be to file a bug report with nvidia.

Really hope that this gets fixed soon. I’ve had so many memories in this game that are now lost due to not being able to press a hotkey and have it saved. Last thing I was able to save anything at all (including screenshots) was December 3rd, 2022. If anyone knows any solution at all, please help us.

Workaround for this is to turn on “Desktop Capture” under Privacy Control in GeForce Experience settings so you will be able to even record when it thinks you have no game open. It saves the video to a folder named “Desktop”. I do miss when it recognized VRChat as a game though, manually moving the video file from the Desktop folder to VRChat folder isn’t as convenient.

1 Like

Hopefully one of y’all let nvidia know. Those GPU makers can be slow…

Hi Guys! Just wanted to bump this and let you all know, I found a workaround this for a bit now, cause i got completely frustrated missing out on SUPER funny moments due to shadowplay being the way it is.

Make sure you have version 472.12 that was released on 09/20/2021 of the NVIDIA Drivers!
It detects VRC, not sure why anything after it doesn’t, I hope this helps, it worked for me and I hope it works for you guys! :slight_smile: Let me know!

You can download the 472.12 Driver Here: https://www.nvidia.com/content/DriverDownloads/confirmation.php?url=/Windows/472.12/472.12-desktop-win10-win11-64bit-international-whql.exe&lang=us&type=TITAN

Hello doing little bit of digging on this situation and i have found that 512.15 works for me. Went on a little spree of checking anything after that using nvidia’s archive driver releases and none seem to have worked after that release for me.