Username

Is there anyway to change my username? If so, how? I’m transgender and my user name now is my dead name, and I dont want to loss all my friends on Vrchat.

1 Like

Go to VRChat.com go to edit your profile and at the top you can change your display name

Special notice it gives

You may only change your name once every 3 months, choose wisely! Once you change your name, you may never be able to get your original name back!

Your display name can be changed every 90 days, as @Butterstuffs points out.

Your user name is the first display name that you ever used, and it cannot be changed.

This might change in the future.

3 Likes

(post deleted by author)

Wondering how I can change my display name on here (askvrchat). This is also my dead name.
I have changed it on VRChat.
Is there anyone I can speak to who can change it on this site? I tried using the “message a staff member” option but see no way of contacting anybody via PM. The contact us link is also broken (plus I wouldn’t consider this an emergency).

I see no way of editing it beyond deleting my account. Will deleting my account here remove my VRC account?

I don’t believe we have a way to do this, but I’ve matched your name here to your VRChat name as a one-time thing.

When I get some time I’ll look into a way to solve this.

2 Likes

Thank you very much! That’s much appreciated.

Hi, I have the same issue, I go by Freaky Old Man in VRC as well as all my social media account now named this, the community I work for is called Project Aincrad in VRC and would like to do the same here so people know it’s me. Is there any chance you could please help me change it for when people are looking for a way to contact me about the project or world?

As I am now trying to match my name across all platforms I used.

Since I made this post, I have enabled unlimited username changes on this forum. You should be able to change it as you see fit right now in the profile page

2 Likes