Quest 2 Camera Option

Kind of hoping devs get their eye on this TBH. The camera feature on PC is a game changer for content creation and with the influx of quest users I am wondering if it would even be possible to implement that feature for the quest 2. I suspect that we will probably be moving towards affordable wireless VR in general from here on out in general and I think quest 2 is a really good starting point to see what we can and cant do, also I just really want to make content creation easier, no cap.

3 Likes

Yes! Please make this a thing!!!

1 Like

I 2nd this! I’ve seen more than once where there are makeshift cameras in certain worlds and how THEY ARE CAPABLE of recording\streaming\screencapturing on quest 2. The devs DO need to look into this more, not everyone has access to a powerful PC, if anything, they can just implement a stripped down version just for pictures and videos. The headset, by themselves can do this

I saw on their twitter on oct 9th when someone asked about a camera in quest 2 they replied, “coming soon”, but there’s been no more information before or since then. I’m starting to think it might have slipped their mind with their newest update, it’d be nice to at least know they’re still working on it, or more unrealistically, an ETA.

Our latest patch notes state quite clearly that our next major update will include the camera on Quest. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Even then can you use it on the quest 2 to like go on omegle if it is plugged in to a pc/laptop?