Developer Update - 8 August 2022

This looks really good! one question tho… will the Smart Rotate for the camera be a toggle to turn on and off?

1 Like

I’m new to the “forums” here and I haven’t actually launched the game yet because I wasn’t sure what was happening with all this EAC stuff so imma ask it now, are people still able to use custom avatars n stuff? Or is that just nonexistent thanks to EAC? Before you ask, yes I’m a furry, yes I want to get some custom made avatar for me to use, no I will not play if I can’t use a custom avatar because that was one of the biggest appeals for me using VRC (and for a lot of other furries)

1 Like

Since there is no update abut this i want to remind we also need a “enter” button on the keyboard. For a lot of video player and other text input things we need to click enter to run the loading of the input, without a enter button we need to use our desktop keyboard.

1 Like

No, as in changing the size of your viewpoint. So when you scale an avatar bigger right now the viewpoint stays in place and it’s not the correct size so your hand look like they’re enormous or tiny. Currently you can move your viewpoint through animations but not scale it

A better wording would be avatar scaling

I am hyped about the development around the keyframed camera tracks. I still would like to see the Scale goes brr functionality implemented as many other users pointed out. Also Freezeframe, because I like to take pictures of large scenes and I don’t have that many friends.

Doesn’t the “OK” button on the keyboard send a confirmation? That’s how I recall it working.

1 Like

This is something id LOVE to see working with the keyboard to allow both controllers, but id also like to see the keys for the keyboard to be a bit larger so you don’t have to have ultra-steady hands to press a key.

One of the major initial comments about EAC was that it will have zero impact on problems from uploaded avatars.

Avatars are still custom and uploaded and all that jazz, I’m sure vrchat is doing thier best to block crashers.

Also the mobile page doesn’t properly indicate replies, like the desktop version. I find that amusing.

Oh, I wonder what the massive kerfuffle was about then, don’t mind me, I’m just ill informed or perhaps just looking in the wrong places

It seems the ok button just unselects the input field what on some Players triggers the loading but a lot of Wolds have player that wait for “enter” to load the video like Movie & Chill or Hygge Night.

1 Like

But…they are literally showcasing the personal mirror… right there… in the post…

I’d love to have a toggle for the mute and unmute sound, some people might not want to have the sound at all. And I would also like a way to hide the mic icon without hiding the entire ui so I can still see notifications. Y’all are doing a great job so far, keep it up :slight_smile:

I do hope you’ll implement those camera soon as possible! Especially desktop support. Keep up the good work~

That’s one of the most elitist features you could even imagine, you propose to make a special list where you can mark friends as trusted and leave “untrusted” out, on top with making it visible? thanks, it is very important to let you friends know who is your actual friends and who’s not, very friendly and not toxic at all.

2 Likes

While true it could potentially cause some issues like that unfortunately, that’s more of an internal thing between others, but there’s lots of reasons someone might want to let another have more privilege’s then others, from those you consider your closest inner circle of friends, lovers, and many other relationships of importance, etc etc.

Nope, I already made a candy about it. ^^

I agree with this, if you don’t want them to join, you shouldn’t have friended them in the first place lol

1 Like

Some of us play with our partners, my guy. I don’t mind if my girlfriend drops in on me at literally any time, I do want some level of manual filtering if it’s the random dude I met yesterday in a black cat.

That being said, the only real use case for this feature seems to be if someone tends to sleep in VR and you want to let specific people be able to join on you while you’re passed out. Past that it’s just a convenience.

Topic’s closed, new one is up: Developer Update - 9 August 2022

1 Like