Developer Update - 8 August 2022

you guys are doing amazing <3

1 Like

It would be nice if a place space mover was added. Unsure if its a thing or not at the time being, but being able to move myself down to the ground while still standing was a nice feature to have through mods. One of the most useful features to have around.

1 Like

Crazy how there’s been more updates in the past 2 weeks then in the past 3 years. Keep up the good work devs!

2 Likes

so to improve the personal mirror control, why don’t we just have move back and forth one axis on the joystick like ⭥ and scaling ⭤ this way, it’d make it more intuitive. Much like seen on window moving in overlay applications, and oculus home.

1 Like

Avatar viewpoint tweaker, when it is going to get added?

2 Likes

You can still use it in OVR advanced settings on steam. It’s just a keybind you set on you’re controllers.

1 Like

How is the work on Amd FSR coming along? That was my main concern with the eac update, I really need my frames back…

2 Likes

These updates are pretty nice and are appreciated. Is there going to be any talk about quest users being able to hear avatar sounds or simply being able to hear the things all the things pc users hear every day on avatars?

1 Like

I hope to see an update for avatar scaling soon. Scale goes brr was a great mod.

5 Likes

Tools like OVR Advanced Settings, that are simple SteamVR “overlays” works fine and have such functionnalities, as a bunch of others. And its also better than just an in game functionnality as you can use it in any game for exemple, and have a bunch of little tools to fine tune how it work etc.
You can find OVRAS on steam, download, launch it with steamvr (in steamvr settings you can setup auto-launch of it). And then look how to do the config (personnaly holding right stick click let me move if i move my hand, left stick click reset my playspace)

1 Like

That looks pretty nice! Thou, i would say it might be better to be a togglable feature for those who wants to see those gestures Constantly!
Plus i’d say - i would like to see that feature for Mic button aswell! seeing it blinking on the screen all the time is one of the few things that distracts people, if it could be “fading out” after a “mute/unmite” action, plus always on screen while quick/big menu opened - that would be a great UX improvment!

3 Likes

Will we be able to adjust the render quality of the mirrors? Such as unlocking the resolution of mirrors to increase quality? The current mirror looks very jagged until you are extremely close up.

1 Like

I’d love if the gesture indicator would not show the fist icon when resting my fingers on my Index controllers. Resting my fingers on the controllers does not activate the gesture, and the gesture indication is false. It is also annoying to see the fist icon all the time even though I’m not doing anything.

1 Like

Day 15 of requesting for mic icon to be a separate HUD element where you can toggle it on or off without turning off the entire HUD.

4 Likes

+1 to this one, it would be awesome to have such a whitelist. It might require an entirely new status though, maybe yellow? Indicating that you are busy, and friends can ask to join you, but the ones in the specific category are treated as if you were in blue. This way you can toggle it easily, instead of having to reorganize the whitelist all the time.

On the friend’s side, they could see the yellow status, but still have either the require invite or join button, depending on if they are in the list or not.

1 Like

tupper didnt use emm, it was proven wrong by one of your own devs.
also it will most likely be opt-in from what i’ve read

1 Like

even though you added a button to change the proportions of the mirror you can still make the up and down buttons zoom in and out, but at the same time the left to right changes the overall size

3 Likes

It’ll have a max of 8K resolution on PC

Why put a limit on this like that? Where 12k and 16k ;/
Also still hoping for jpg support with some setting for quality and metadata on these jpg pictures to be able to search by people/worlds from picture in windows.

1 Like

you mean for quest?
because for PC / Steam I can recommend you OVR Advanced Settings on Steam
which has lots of features to move and adjust your Playspace on the fly in any SteamVR Game.
Steamvr plugins have not been affected by the EAC Update.
as far as I have red the blog/responses, adding this to vrc itself is not planned.

1 Like

Thanks for the Updates!

One thing i haven’t seen so far that seems like a rather easy change would be changing the Player Capsule to be parented to the hips instead of the head (Or feet maybe?)

That way you can lean over a ledge without falling down, or lean over a smaller object without automatically stepping on it.

Also there’s a few cannys that suggest a change to the Capsules height, which would also be really nice, but this would probably need a bit more internal discussion i imagine.

1 Like