Developer Update - 8 August 2022

Viewpoint scaling… as in IPD scaling?
For SteamVR users it should be possible using SteamVR’s application settings already.

2 Likes

I’m glad we’re finally getting the features alot of people have asked for for years. Thank you for keeping us up to date on progress. I have a question though. How hard would it be for you to add a favorite group or a whitelist where when friends of you are in that list they get auto invited when they request to join ignoring the status to a degree. I’ve heard alot of people in vr chat talk about how they want this feature to be a thing. Basicly a whitelist for trusted people so they can almost always join you

3 Likes

YES! Thank you for noticing these requests, especially the keyframed camera tracks (or better known as Camera Animation).

OK but we still need at least the Camera Animation soon since that’s the most important one in most content creation.

I can’t wait to have these camera features in the game. Hopefully the VRC team can implement them within this month because us content creators need them. I’m still a bit disappointed that these weren’t implemented before the Security Update, but at least we know they’re almost here. Thank you and keep it up!

3 Likes

Nice to see all this! It’s really nice to see more dev communication and features we’ve been asking for for a while. Copy and paste is a game-changer and the personal mirror is gonna be incredibly useful.

1 Like

Surprised to see so many people talking about viewpoint scaling!
I’ll toss my hat in an say that it would be fantastic if something could be implemented to help with this.
Being able to change size is a nice qol feature to consider down the line thats not intrusive to other people’s experiences!

11 Likes

What about the blue screening that happens I’ve been experiencing it ever since the EAC update and have been told that AMD cards are not fond of it I have an i5-4690k and RX-570 with 32GB of RAM what is gonna happen to those who use low-end hardware?

Keeping low-budget VR working is important for many who can’t afford high-end PC parts or gear. Just saying this as there are many who use VRC as a way to be social who is autistic and mentally challenged like myself who only can use low-end components. Can there be something that can make it so that I am not lagging almost every time I load with safety and everyone’s avatars off…

2 Likes

So far every update has been a banger since the EAC Update, but one thing I noticed was the “Camera Stuff”, I know its wishful thinking but having a portable camera for Desktop players (Like myself) would be super helpful to be able to take proper pictures a screenshot just can’t, ESPECIALLY selfies or group photos, Maybe it can move similarly to the personal mirror and have a key bind setting to actually take the photo I don’t know. Just a suggestion that I would like to see and a lot of other desktop players would as well, considering that would also fall under the whole “Features requested for years” conversation. Added or not keep up the good work. :+1:

1 Like

how about yall add join notification/notifier

6 Likes

You will want to contact our support team!

That being said, apparently the latest AMD drivers cause crashes when viewing video players. Maybe that’s it? You might want to try reverting your video card drivers to a previous version.

2 Likes

Third person for desktop when?

2 Likes

Viewpoint scaling means adjusting the distance between eyes on your avatar when you scale the avatar root. As it stands, the viewpoint can be moved up and down when scaling an avatar, but it cannot actually be made bigger or smaller. So someone in a normal sized avatar scaling down won’t actually see things get bigger relative to themselves, it’ll just feel like they’re lying on the floor.

5 Likes

Please add the SizeGoesBrrr mod, or a way to resize your character on the fly.

10 Likes

Hoping that the old remeasure avatar function gets a note in these developer updates. I’d like to be able to resize my avatar without uploading 5 different versions.

Also, on the note of issues with nearclip adjustment and difficulty using menus, that problem will be reduced if users can manually choose to increase the value when needed (I find that 1cm rarely causes issues) and having the option to mess with nearclip adjustment on the action menu is also helpful as that circumvents the issues it can cause with the quick menu.

Having other useful utilities on the action menu for when you get yourself stuck would also complement this nicely, things such as reset avatar, respawn, go home, and rejoin instance are all typically accessed through the quick menu or hotkeys, but sometimes a world just breaks and being able to access those through the action menu is the quick fix you need.

7 Likes

Nice tweaks and additions but I have a suggestion add a avatar search engine into the game if you think that will make vrchat plus useless you can add a limit of 10 or so to how many times people can search avatars because if some tos breaking users can add a search engine why can’t the real developers did you know a percentage of the users who review bombed vrchat had search engine mods I don’t even have to mention the confidence boost avatar creators would get from users finding their public avatars through a search engine database anyways all I hope is at suggestions like mine get through to you vrchat devs

1 Like

this and avatar search are the main things I want so bad. please add this devs, we’re begging you lol

3 Likes

Good work, hopefully you can also put in the ability to use multiple CPU cores/Run the game on High Priority.

3 Likes

Thank you for all the hard work on these QoL features! I know there are a lot of suggestions for new stuff, but if I could kindly pitch an ‘world instance history’, as a VRC+ feature down the line… I’ve made a detailed comment in the canny about it, but I think it could encourage some more folks to be on green and pub-hopping, knowing you can go back to a chill instance that you found earlier.

Thanks again for the added security and QoL updates the team has been implementing! I appreciate the hard work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice update but please add flight, no clip, and ability to change speed. Also when you add features to the game that were already existing as mods such as the three i listed here, please credit those modders since they were the ones who created and developed all these ideas in the first place.

1 Like

Will the chat box be curated or will users be able to type whatever?

1 Like

Please add join notifications. I’m missing that majorly and other games already have it.

2 Likes