Developer Update - 30 August 2022

I love the Portal Placement idea. Something iv been wanting for a long time. I do have a fun suggestion.

Give the portal a sound effect when placed. Not gonna say what sound effect but im sure you know.

1 Like

That’s most likely coming in the Main Menu 2.0 live beta in the next few days, especially since they’ll have much more menu real estate to work with for more options. It’s also likely they’re having to conjure up a good sound concept that’ll be non-invasive and such especially if you choose to show everyone’s chatboxes while in a packed instance.

1 Like

Second window could pop up you could put on your other monitor.

Hey! Please remember to let us save the “HQ Mirror” setting and also let us turn off the mic icon or let us save the “HUD off” setting

Please and thank you <3

3 Likes

I like the swirl portal. Have you guys considered adding a snap placement for the personal mirror? It takes years to hit that perfect position thanks to my shaky hands. Being able to toggle that would be sick.

I’m excited to see the new menu !

This is good keep up don’t get it up I’ll believe it you will try your best to keep working.:+1:
^-^

1 Like

Keep up the great work! I’m looking forward to testing the new main menu soon.

I’ve seen a few commenters saying they prefer the portal-looking icon design but having an oval-shaped icon inside a larger oval-shaped placement indicator is redundant. The planet/world icon is a good choice and it fits with VRChat’s existing promotional design/aesthetic/vibe as illustrated in their VRChat Plus trailer where VRCat blasts off in a spaceship to explore new worlds (planets).

2 Likes

Would you rather see how they tweaked the portal placing mechanic like a hundred times?

I’m hoping the new menu comes with the nameplate thing I’ve been harping about.

Though I’m not expecting much anymore. If I can’t even get a response, it’s easy to think you’re specifically and intentionally ignoring it.

I personally think that the border around the portal should be solid when you can drop the portal, instead of dotted. Well actually I would prefer portals themselves be a solid border with the world image centered in the frame rather than compressed like it is right now.

Other than that I like the planet designs over the portal image designs since the portal icons just seem like a few too many layers of ovals. when the portal can’t be placed I think just the X icon would be fine around players but for spawn having the indicator makes sense, since newer players could probably realize they can’t drop it near players but being near spawn might not occur to them.

Can there be an option to view point scaling?

To be honest I know this probably won’t happen but maybe you could try and give users the option of the portal placement look in the settings

Completely unrelated but about half of my private avatars are fully ripped with 3d view and everything. I almost never go in public worlds. I downloaded my own avatar to see if it was legit and it is. Yikes

i would have to admit that at least the developers are for once are showing that they actually care for once about vrchat which it’s good to know for once and also i just hope they can continue to improve things on vrchat let’s hope so also by the way how is everyone today :grinning:

Wise words of Jim from the office…yes

Yeah I would like for one of the upcoming features and updates to not be some tiny rework of menu sliders etc, I’d rather see an anti-crash implementation and an avatar ID protection rework to stop crashers and avatar rippers, as rippers do NOT need clients like at all, rippers steal your stuff through the saved systems cache publicly accessible in the game logs files. Protecting our creations and protecting us from crashers genuinely is what I want to see more than tweaking a mirror or an avatar visibility slider or something that isn’t actually considered QOL and is just a “neat little feature”

For the portal graphics, i like the idea of the portal placer showing what world you’re about to place, but it isn’t quite necessary, since it won’t be too long before you either place a portal or cancel it out.

I hope this is sarcasm

:grimacing: totally

1 Like

I absolutely agree. The more mistakes that are shown, the more people will relax about it. We expect mistakes, so having very little makes it feel a bit barren or too “well presented”. I’d love to see some minor posts here of just collections of [unique] bugs or other such things.

Its always a pleasant thing to see the creators of your favorite application screwing up or having a bit of fun. Gives a bit more life to the vrchat team than the occasional tidbits we get