Developer Update - 16 August 2022

Because it can be set in world itself like flying or grabbing anothers

1 Like

Oof, that’s not good, but then even better this has finally reached you. One of my friends reported it 2 times to support already, tried on multiple social media platforms to get the team to see it but so far these reports have been deleted or answered with “buy a new graphics card”. This obviously can’t be the solution to it.

If I remember correctly, it was an RTX 3060 from MSI and also some 3090s and 2 Radeon cards with this specific issue. I hope this helps starting an investigation in this issue.

First off, let me say that I’m extremely happy with everything the VRChat team’s been cooking up. Y’all have churned out some fantastic implementations of long-standing requests, and I can’t wait to see where we’ll be six months from now, or even a year. VRChat is continuing to grow and expand, and that makes me super excited for the future.

That being said, please take some time for yourselves as well. I know you mentioned it above, but you can’t let this become a burden or just an obligation. We know how important VRChat is to you, and a lot of us in the community are thankful for the work you continue to put in to making this what it is, but that can’t come at the cost of your mental or physical health. Working hard is great, but be sure to still take plenty of time to recuperate and rest too!

Oh, and thank you for the update on portal placement! That’ll be a huge improvement and I can’t wait to see that implemented!

1 Like

I like the new the new ideas for the chat box but I find it a bit weird that there will be a profanity for it while people that use a mic can just say anything without any major consequences. I think it should be just the same for the chatbox, because you are limiting it only for people who don’t talk which is weird.

About the thing that chatboxes are from the start only visible for friends is also weird because again you are only limiting people who don’t talk or like to talk. It’s weird .People who use a mic aren’t limited to only be heard by friends so why should the chatbox be limited?

What might be a good idea for the chatbox is to block links because it shouldn’t be necessary and that can also be abused.

Sorry if I’m ranting too much but I like the chatbox a lot and just want the best for it. I hope you can understand it

You don’t need to manually configure keyboard layouts. Oculus Dash for example references your registry to fetch your input layout. Windows tells it what your language and layout is. If you only cater to very specific layouts, you will got off a great many others. I for example use Colemak on my pc

For very obvious reasons of being efficient and utilitarian and familiar. Each language has multiple layouts as well, which just makes the whole ordeal way too large to handle manually.

I agree this is important though, as it’s the main reason i stopped using XS Overlay a long time ago - the Oculus keyboard is just objectively superior and i type a lot in vr.

One way i thought of to approach this is to have like a volunteer staff system set up, where you have someone manage volunteer work on the client. If anyone is willing to put in the time and effort to build systems, they can be passed on to QA before being implemented into betas. This way VRChat doesn’t have to limit it’s staff by constricting them to confidentiality (volunteers would be mostly out of the loop of internal affairs and systems), and having to expend budget on them, but also gaining the benefits of their efforts without the clearly undesired wild west nature of free modding.

1 Like

Semi silly idea, make a page for each publicly searchable avatar and allow web search engines like Bing or Google to index. Then performant search is done.

Definitely happy about all the improvements and addictions but something I haven’t seen talked about was a freqeuently used QOL mode of a player list off to the side of the menu that you can easily see to the left or right as soon as you open your menu up and see everyone’s name and their user rank(yellow for friends) and quickly know who’s in the lobby, instead of having to slowly scroll through the whole social tab.

Okay, if you gonna add such niche feature like Unlimited Mirror Resolution then might as well add avatar viewpoint tweaker. People WILL find a good use for it especially for many people that find out how messed up most of the avatars’ viewpoints are.

Avatar scaling is possible right now and has been via Unity for as long as I can remember. It’s however not a graceful way of doing it and is a bit of a glass cannon. Aka it might stop working in the future as it works due to an unexpected behavior.

A number of people have touched on the subject over on the Discord server on how you can set an animation and animator to scale the avatar and keep your head height correct.

I would like vrc+ to increase the number of favorite worlds x2 or at least to 512, then buying vrc+ would make sense to me

Oculus Dash for example references your registry to fetch your input layout.

True, I remember using it - nowadays I am among the players using an Index - and yeah, the SteamVR keyboard is way inferior than Oculus Dash and well… while the VRC keyboard is better (because Copy/Paste) - both of them enforce QWERTY on me. Hence why I pointed it out - if they plan to revamp the keyboard anyway, it would make sense to this time take international layouts into consideration.

1 Like

Can you DM me the support ticket numbers?

1 Like

I am glad yawl are making changes its great for the game. But ever since this update 80% of the Australian community is lagging. So if it’s in the budget make Australian servers please. This will probably grow your player base as well. Its kinda sad that they get an average of 250 ping on decent day in Japan servers. Then they go to US West and they get 270 to 320 depends how their internet is working that day. To forcing some of them to go US - East or UK cause that were most of their social friends are at and they get 320 ping to 500 ping it sucks for them right now. Please Help them!!

Desktop Third person plz?

2 Likes

Still, why limit pictures to 8k? and please add meta data to pictures like players on the picture (does jot need to be 100% accurate), world it was taken in…

2 Likes

How goes the work against crashers? Had I guess a two week streak without being crashed, then got crashed two times yesterday. I ended up setting my download limit to 5 MB so we’ll see how that goes.

I wonder what the limit is on the list of forced show avatars…

I would love to see Avatar scaling. Limiting Avatar scale is a nice idea and it were bringing up so much more in my head. Not only Avatars should scale. Movement speed, jump height, hitbox, voice range and grab distance should scale linear together with avatar scale.

ex. we can have shortcut doors for our small bunnies and Lolis. while Orcs have to take a longer way around but they can walk faster.

Every of this options should be possible to be limited separately for min and max or be set to an static value by world creators. Worlds that got created before such an implementation should have set there limits to static values that represent current version of it. So that no (game) world will break (until they update this values).

They already said why previously, to do ultra large photos, they’d have to build a system for doing tiled capture and stitching due to the limitations of unity, and also performance impacts get very heavy very quickly.

this is a really serious problem, especially with a very poor avatar. It would be great to either be able to disable this statistic, or have it checked by servers when loading an avatar from the sdk (the crash avatar should also be checked) In any case, I would like it not to cause problems and delays, as it is happening now.