Developer Update - 15 September 2022

Actually when moving the Drone via the Middle Mouse button you can still use Gestures :stuck_out_tongue:

was a fix for the immersive grab for the portable mirror introduced in this?
me and friends noticed quickly that with immersive grab toggled on, you couldnt grab the mirror at all, so you had to turn it off in order to grab it.?
haven’t been on since update but i didnt see anything about it in these patchnotes ^-^

Yes that works wayyyy better now!

1 Like

We’ve already implemented options to turn down (or completely remove) bloom, as well as added filters for colorblindedness.

As far as detecting flashing lights and programmatically determining how to turn them off, and then doing so… I’m unsure how we’d go about it for worlds, since we’re a UGC platform. I have some ideas myself, I’m sure the Design team could come up with plenty more.

There’s no direct plans to address this just yet, but if you’ve got an idea, please post it to the feedback boards!

(As an aside, I’m surprised there’s worlds doing screen-shake in VR. Which ones are you talking about?)

That’s what we said we’re doin’! :smiley:

Personal Mirror movement has been greatly improved since the version that’s in Live was released. Try the beta!

2 Likes

whiele its nice change, please @tupper the icon could use a bit more contrast between being on and off, maybe old green tint when on, currently its like 2px of red line (maybe then just make it whole red?), still hard to tell whats going on using peripheral vision only.

Feedback: When build and test an avatar, it needs to restart the game then can see the test avatar. Hope it can refresh the avatar menu manually and directly.

1 Like

Native Avi Scaling please. It’s been one of the most requested features since people started earnestly using the Canny post-Security Update and all there’s been is an acknowledgement that there’s a significant want for it and vague promises that it might be implemented in some form. After that there’s just been less and less acknowledgement of it. Would love actual news on this.

Liking the new menu though.

reverted to an icon but still pretty hard, could you guys revert it back to be like the live version when when gesture is unlocked, it is green and a red cross when locked

Can you test this in the latest beta?

If it is a bug in the beta, please make sure that you post it to the feedback boards.

We have a lot of things to work on. Just because we mentioned something and say we want to do it later, doesn’t mean that we’re going to immediately move upon it at the next given chance.

There’s also a lot of other things that impact when we want to implement this particular feature – to be specific, we have several systems that we want to implement that would allow world authors and instance creators to control the limits and capabilities of systems like avatar scaling.

I understand that a lot of people want it a lot, trust me! We very much know that. I want it myself! However, doing it quickly (and therefore potentially wrong) means that we’d stuck with something that is incorrectly done or subpar or completely faulty, and at worst damages the state of VRChat. We have to be careful.

Patience is key. We know that a lot of people want this feature. However, that does not mean we will implement it rapidly at the expense of quality or sacrificing our intended design.

Thank you for your feedback regardless!

1 Like

button to force avatar audio to be constrained to voice falloff and prevent 2d audio

This is not fixed in the currently available Open Beta for the avatar wing menu on the quick menu, in my testing, unless this wasn’t a fix that made it to 1240? Changing the wing settings for the avatar list or how it should be sorted on the quick menu or the main menu do not persist to the next session.

Hey Tupper, I was wondering if it’s been considered for the safety option to have a setting that turns off Screen Effects from avatars (and worlds). I have an extreme fear of blood (hemophobia) and it’s the worst when it’s a screen effect while I’m in VR. There should be a way I can just turn off screen effects so that I can enjoy the game and not have some random user try and blind me.

I saw there were updates on the Chatbox but I did notice, playing yesterday, that the Chatbox wasn’t visible to other users despite my settings allowing them to see it. I also made sure with them that their settings allowed them to view it but they couldn’t. I will say though, all of us were on standalone Quest, so it might not be a problem for PC?

To give a quick suggestion: Just allow a toggle for world creators so they can disable it completely, and start with a very narrow range for the scaling. There is already code to reference on how it could work within VRChat, plus the known issue that can be solved of the viewpoint matching the scale properly. These things have already been done.

I think people would prefer an alpha channel even with very broken features so they can at least play with them. I also found it strange that you guys disabled the beta branch and then re-enabled it, forcing people to have to manually re-accept it.

I feel like you need to redo your steam beta branches into at least:

• Beta (live-compatible)
  • Beta (not live-compatible)

People should be able to stay in a branch and get any updates without having to re-enable the beta branches. That’s how most games do it.

As much as I understand wanting to have a minimum level of quality, I think you need to understand that people would rather have a broken feature to play with than to have no features at all. If you at least provided the option to use these very basic, “broken” features in a separate beta branch like you have before, it could give you insight into how they’re used and what to look for, instead of coming up with some MVP for each feature and trying to polish a turd.

Groups need to be joined. Events posted on a common menu page reach everyone. I don’t believe groups will change much it will be just like the discord groups, you need to “find” them, join them, moderate them, give roles and permissions in them, why develop such a complicated system which again only benefits those who know about the groups and join the groups and then there will need to be SO many utilities for those groups, who can moderate them, how to ban people from them, how to allow people to send notices in them, who can send out join invitations, it’s just a ton of work to be done correctly. But an event page, only needs an approval process. Send an event photo based on specifications set, a description of the event and it’s day and time. Boom done. With some searchable keywords, which is already implemented in the worlds menu essentially, so it would be so much easier to set up an EVENTS page similar to worlds, which all people can see and benefit from not only those who discover and join a specific group, and with a simple drop down you could select categories for searches such as “open mic”, “Live Music”, “Dance”, “Club Event” etc… This is done in every other social platform out there, why don’t we look at what is working well in these other platforms and bring them to the solid community of VRChat?

all these thing are cool than i’m not in beta so i didn’t have bug with the menu

but yes i actually wait for OSCquary because my processor use like 35% for a router, 15% osc face tracking + 0, …% other osc like haptics suit
we are at 50% + sranipal 10 + vrchat +15= 75 +widows 80 + vr = like 95~100% other thing like discord and voicemod = lag lag lag glitch tracking disconnect thing, the mouse won’t move…

so if i can save 35~30% of the processor its veryyyyyy cool :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I really don’t need to be inundated with a pages and pages of events I’m not interested in. Just sorting through and approving them sounds like a full time job, not to mention the 99% that would likely fall through the cracks and not really have any attendees.

With a game as active as VRChat, there would be so many events listed it would likely be useless when trying to find actual decent ones.

Well I can tell you that you are incorrect and quite so… Just look at Second Life for instance, which has an equally populated user base, and they have a web site submission page to post events with an automated process which is quite simple, and events are all tagged, such as DJ events, or Live Music events, or many others that are easily then sorted… and often you will see many all at the same time sure, but each seem to have plenty of people attending them because of it’s Active userbase which is quite similar to VRChat. And certainly you personally don’t even have to visit the “events” page if you don’t wish to… just stay in your little discord groups for your favorite events and don’t bother seeking out anything new that is your choice, just as it is also overwhelming to look through the worlds menu with over 50,000 worlds to pick from and explore. The point here is that many people are NOT as savvy as you or I or a majority of people in VRChat and they need something like this to find a reason to even use the platform. It’s time the VRChat developers take a look at what other successful platforms are doing and learn from what works, and works quite well. I am speaking from experience here.

now Test I try the beta it’s a little work and new menu pass update now space little work
Volume bad. Need a lot of work so. Update now new menu. Three. Good worlds photos next. Time. Set. Volume. On help lot.