Are custom rules allowed for VRC users to enter the world?

Some worlds describe user-defined rules when entering the world (e.g., using over 200000 polygonal avatars, using over 70 material counts, and replacing avatars twice)
If you violate this rule, you will kicked in the world.
Is it acceptable to restrict users’ rights like this?

Unless it’s the instance owner itself that set these rules, then no.
The world author is only allowed to provide advice for good (avatar) ethicate, but never enforce them on instances they have not personally started (public does not count as their instances)

Udon/World specific moderation guidelines

This is also a personal interpretation on it.

1 Like

That reminds me, then this would also be against VRChat ToS I assume: https://i.imgur.com/tBEk9Zr.png

“world instance ban” seems to be in violation of said moderation guidelines, no?

“world instance ban”, the word instance sneakily stealthily obscured in the middle sounds like they’re adhering to the guide lines but don’t want you to notice.

That’s the thing: there are no group instances in Diluc’s Tavern usually.

Vrc is all about forced contact with people you dislike apparently. They wouldn’t be fixating on a mobile app instead of fixing legitimate issues while saying they have such a small team in response to every demand the community has if it wasn’t.

Seems like me raising hell on the forums worked, they changed the wording to “instance ban” instead.

1 Like

From reliable sources I have found out Diluc’s Tavern still hands out world bans, which, last I checked, is in violation of Udon ToS. Time for another email to VRChat T&S?

To add to the discussion, it got clarified in the latest community guidelines.

Basically a world is supposed to be almost free of restrictions, only instance ones are allowed.

That means that you can’t ban people from a world in a sense, make a ban list that whatever instance you join, kicks you.

But you can have rules or tools to do so in an instance.

In the end, if I take the world and create a solo instance, I should not have restrictions.

Detail, you can have specific bonus automatically, but only to access more of the map, that’s mostly for vip zones from patreons use cases.

The rules are actually quite clear so if poeple read this, take the time to read them, they are really helpful.