VRWorld Toolkit

VRWorld Toolkit

VRWorld Toolkit is a Unity Editor extension made to make VRChat world creation more accessible and lower the entry-level to make a good performing world. Currently, the tool is aimed only at people making VRChat worlds, and most functions only work with the VRCSDK imported, but this might change in the future.

Setup

Requirements

Getting Started

• Import the latest release from here into your Unity project
  • After, if everything went well, you will see the VRWorld Toolkit dropdown appear at the top bar if not check Troubleshooting

Main features

World Debugger

Goes through the scene and checks for common issues, and makes suggestions on what to improve. Includes over 90 different tips, warnings, errors, and general messages!

It also allows viewing the stats of the latest builds SDK has done for an easily accessible overview of what the build consists of. It also saves the latest Windows and Android builds separately for easy comparison between the two.

Disable On Build

After the setup is run from VRWorld Toolkit > Disable On Build > Setup a new tag is added DisableOnBuild that automatically disables all GameObjects marked with it before a build happens. The most significant use case for this is easier to manage trigger-based occlusion.

Post Processing

Offers a one-click solution to having a working Post Processing setup with a simple example profile for further editing.

Quick Functions

Copy World ID

Helps you to quickly copy the current scenes world ID to clipboard without having to fumble finding the Scene Descriptor.

Mass Texture Importer

Batch processes textures to quickly apply crunch compression and other settings to all textures in the current scene or all assets in the project.

Custom Editors

Adds more features to the pre-existing VRChat components to make them easier to use and provide quality of life improvements. If not needed, they can also be easily disabled from VRWorld Toolkit > Custom Editor > Disable.

Includes additions to:

• VRC Mirror Reflection
    • Quick set layers to commonly used setups
    • Warnings and messages for common problems people run into with mirrors
    • Explanations for VRChat specific layers
  • VRC Avatar Pedestal
    • Adds a feature to mass copy and set IDs to pedestals while having multiple selected
    • Draws outlines to where the pedestal image will appear in-game when you select the GameObject with the pedestal component on it

Feel free to contact me about any problems on here or through any other channel:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/oneVRdev
Github: http://oneVR.dev/

Get the latest version from Github

14 Likes

I really love this! Its been really useful so far. I thought my lights were baked, but they arent lol. I cant wait to see what else you’ll add!

1 Like

Thank you so much for this!

1 Like

Blessed tool :pray:

1 Like