Nearly all Avatar animations stop playing when certain Game Objects are animated

I have an issue with a custom avatar where all animation controllers and/or their layers seems to stop running whenever certain Game Objects are being animated, such as a Point Light or a Particle System… maybe?? It could also be related to Parameter Driving, but I’m not sure.

The Lyuma Avatar3 Emulator shows that everything is still running normally when this bug happens so I don’t really know what’s going on. Parameters are being driven fine and the animation layers are running normally, but some things stop moving/changing on the avatar.

I did find this: Gesture layer animations not playing

It seemed the closest to what I’ve been experiencing so I tried out some of the ideas there, albeit without any resolution. Separating animations into appropriate animation controllers based on what’s being animated (transforms in Gestures VS everything else in FX) didn’t help, and neither did using Masks on layers. I’m stumped.

I have this recording showing the problem: vrchat (unity) avatar animations/animation controllers breaking - YouTube

Found another example of a similar problem while doing a test.

Someone shared this with me: Notion – The all-in-one workspace for your notes, tasks, wikis, and databases.

I’m going to use what I’ve learned from this to do the next test.