Hi! I’m having an issue with my avatar where the animations for the tail and wings in the Gesture playable layer have stopped playing. It was previously working great, but somehow got borked while I was editing the texture and UV map. Here’s what I’ve figured out so far:
- VR Chat updated in the space between when it worked and subsequently did not work. I was not able to check if previously working versions of my avatar work in the new version of VR Chat.
- This happens on both PC and Quest
- Updating the SDK did not fix the issue.
- Reinstalling the SDK did not fix the issue.
- Remaking the avatar in a different project did not fix the issue.
- Animations are importing properly: I can preview them in the inspector.
- Transitions between animation states preview correctly in the Unity Editor.
- Avatar masks are correct (If they weren’t, transitions wouldn’t preview correctly in the editor)
- Layer weights within the Gesture playable layer are set to 1
- I’ve verified that animation states are behaving properly in VR Chat’s debug menu.
- I’m only using a custom Gesture playable layer. All other layers are default.
- Eye tracking still works
- Jaw flap stopped working? Not sure if it’s related. It appears to be configured properly, but does not function in VR chat.
- There are no new warnings / errors in the SDK (The only warning is that my hip bone has a bad angle relative to the legs, but I’ve had that since the beginning)
- In general this Avatar is very simple. Only one material, texture, and skinned mesh renderer. The only modification to the imported prefab is to add the VRC Avatar Descriptor and Build Pipline components.
If you don’t have a solution, I’d still love suggestions or debugging tips.