Memory issues

i cant stay in worlds for very or at all because i dont have enough memory i joined my friend once and got kicked almost immedeatly to my home home world after getting a notif saying not enough memory space for vrchat i have at multiple places for how to fix this but i cant find anything can someone please tell me how to delete some of the memory.

Are you on PC or Quest?

I’m assuming PC. If so, then maybe check to see if you have any other applications running in the background that are taking up more memory? You can use your Task Manager to check the memory usage of processed running on your computer.

im on quest so i dont think i can do that

Are you showing Very Poor avatars? They almost-always cause problems for the Quest.

1 Like

Ive had the same issues, i never had this problem until not too long ago
I cant open more than a few worlds before it says i run out of memory, or if i open one and stay in it too long
Even if the other avatars are disabled through shield or if there is nobody at all

1 Like

Same for me. Started a few days ago. For a few days i could at least hang out in my home world which is (New Movies and Chill) but now no movies will even load. Ive set the setting to only being able to see friends, restarted headset, cleared cache, uninstalled the app 3x. Do i need to uninstall all my avatars and start all over again??

Yeah same i’ve been through my storage so I know its not that and I don’t really want to factory reset it because its not my oculus quest 2 its my uncles. It will work for maybe an hour then it will say its memory low not allowing me to see the other peoples avatars I also have a problem to where it won’t load someones avatar it will just load into their fallback avatar even tho its quest and pc avatar it happends everywhere also in some worlds the music doesn’t load it used to but now it dosen’t? Im tired messing through my settings to try to fix this I will add I did try to uninstall it and log out. please help I would like to play this game normaly again.

Many of us started experiencing memory-related issues. Been happening for months now but I recall a time when it didn’t happen. Whether it is supposed to work or not what my friends and I do now is join a world (or 2) and then clear the caches (world and avatars). This seems to extend the length of time between seeing memory errors and being returned to our home world.

It is a major pain when there are 4 or 5 people because one person will be getting kicked every 3 or 4 worlds.