Looking for participants for paid VR experiments

Hello, my name is David Saffo, and I am a PhD student in Data Visualization at Northeastern University. We are conducting a study to test the viability of using VRChat to conduct scientific evaluations, and we would like to ask you to participate. Our study has been approved by the Northeastern University Institutional Review Board (#20-02-21) and has been given the thumbs up by a community manager at VRChat.

To participate in the study:

1. You must be 18 or older.

2. You must be able to speak and read English because this study involves an English language survey and interview.

3. You must own a VR headset with motion controllers (Quest users need to be connected to a computer).

4. Have access to VRChat and a microphone.

If you decide to participate, you can choose to join one of these experiments:

• Selection in VR: you will be asked to use your controllers to select a series of targets with different positions and sizes. We are looking for 23 participants for this study. This experiment is expected to last approximately 30 minutes, including setup and debriefing. You will be compensated for your time with your choice of an Amazon or Target gift card in the amount of 15 U.S. dollars. If you are interested in this study or want more details, please fill out the sign-up form for this experiment and we will reach out to you: (All the planed spots are filled, you can still fill out the form to join a waitlist if you are interested)

• Tabletops in VR: you will be asked to work with a partner to draw the most efficient routes on a network using different tabletop interactions. We are looking for 8 participants (4 pairs) for this study. This experiment is expected to last approximately 60 minutes, including setup and debriefing. You will be compensated for your time with your choice of an Amazon or Target gift card in the amount of 25 U.S. dollars. If you are interested in this study or want more details, please fill out the sign-up form for this experiment and we will reach out to you: (All the planed spots are filled, you can still fill out the form to join a waitlist if you are interested)

We are recruiting participant over the next two weeks. If you are interested in the tabletop study please note that there are only 4 time slots for this study: September 7, 8, 9, and 10 from 6 – 7 pm EST.

EDIT: We have passed our recruitment goal with 25 participants for selection and 8 for the tabletop! Thank you guys so much for your interest and support. I am going to close the survey now, and I can’t wait to see you guys in-game!

Thank you for reading, I hope to hear from you soon!