Local Mirror Resolution

So on the index, regardless if I scale the resolution for the program application, the mirror is stuck max resolution of 2048x2048 and it just looks bad when viewed the mirror far away. There should be customizable mirror resolution you can set on the application instead of being tied to to the world mirrors unless it requires a specific resolution that overrides the mirror resolution set. This is more of a suggestion and wrong labeling but heck, I just need to get words out.

2 Likes

This is by far and away the #1 thing on my list of features that needs to change immediately.

1 Like

This needs to be recognized by more people for sure.

1 Like

Hmm. That’s a good suggestion but with how VRChat mirrors work, all of the settings are tied to the world. I’m sure clients would and could do something about this, but the likelyhood that VRChat would implement a mirror override mode is… low.

A mod known as “Mirror Resolution Unlimiter” did this flawlessly with virtually no performance impact. It was completely local, as well. I don’t see how VRC could not implement this, so I’m not sure how all settings were tied to the world. I would like to alter my rendering settings for every mirror. The mirrors are uniform across all worlds currently. This can stay. I want an option to locally choose the render quality.

1 Like

No no I get what you mean, it’s not that the devs can’t easily implement this, it’s that it would kind of take something away from world devs, the ability to modify mirror types. They should absolutely do this, I just don’t think the devs would implement something like this.

1 Like