Empty UdonBehaviour found on Joiner (UnityEngine.GameObject)

I am completly new to making VRchat worlds and am working on my first one, I went to add in this prefab of bowling lanes: https://www.patreon.com/posts/vrchat-bowling-69146304 and for some reason I get this error: [UdonSharp] Empty UdonBehaviour found on Joiner (UnityEngine.GameObject)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning (object,UnityEngine.Object)
UdonSharp.UdonSharpUtils:LogWarning (object,UnityEngine.Object) (at Packages/com.vrchat.worlds/Integrations/UdonSharp/Editor/UdonSharpUtils.cs:319)
UdonSharpEditor.UdonSharpEditorManager:RepairProgramAssetLinks (System.Collections.Generic.List1<VRC.Udon.UdonBehaviour>) (at Packages/com.vrchat.worlds/Integrations/UdonSharp/Editor/UdonSharpEditorManager.cs:1283) UdonSharpEditor.UdonSharpEditorManager:RunAllUpdates (System.Collections.Generic.List1<VRC.Udon.UdonBehaviour>) (at Packages/com.vrchat.worlds/Integrations/UdonSharp/Editor/UdonSharpEditorManager.cs:740)
UdonSharpEditor.UdonSharpEditorManager:RunPostBuildSceneFixup () (at Packages/com.vrchat.worlds/Integrations/UdonSharp/Editor/UdonSharpEditorManager.cs:115)
UdonSharp.Compiler.UdonSharpCompilerV1:TickCompile () (at Packages/com.vrchat.worlds/Integrations/UdonSharp/Editor/Compiler/UdonSharpCompilerV1.cs:188)
UdonSharp.Compiler.UdonSharpCompilerV1:WaitForCompile () (at Packages/com.vrchat.worlds/Integrations/UdonSharp/Editor/Compiler/UdonSharpCompilerV1.cs:221)
UdonSharp.Compiler.UdonSharpCompilerV1:CompileSync (UdonSharp.Compiler.UdonSharpCompileOptions) (at Packages/com.vrchat.worlds/Integrations/UdonSharp/Editor/Compiler/UdonSharpCompilerV1.cs:243)
UdonSharpEditor.UdonSharpBuildCompile:OnBuildRequested (VRC.SDKBase.Editor.BuildPipeline.VRCSDKRequestedBuildType) (at Packages/com.vrchat.worlds/Integrations/UdonSharp/Editor/BuildUtilities/UdonSharpBuildCompile.cs:20)
VRC.SDKBase.Editor.BuildPipeline.VRCBuildPipelineCallbacks:OnVRCSDKBuildRequested (VRC.SDKBase.Editor.BuildPipeline.VRCSDKRequestedBuildType)
VRC.SDK3.Editor.VRCSdkControlPanelWorldBuilder/d__113:MoveNext () (at Packages/com.vrchat.worlds/Editor/VRCSDK/SDK3/VRCSdkControlPanelWorldBuilder.cs:1928)
System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder`1:Start<VRC.SDK3.Editor.VRCSdkControlPanelWorldBuilder/d__113> (VRC.SDK3.Editor.VRCSdkControlPanelWorldBuilder/d__113&)
VRC.SDK3.Editor.VRCSdkControlPanelWorldBuilder:Build (bool)
VRC.SDK3.Editor.VRCSdkControlPanelWorldBuilder/d__178:MoveNext () (at Packages/com.vrchat.worlds/Editor/VRCSDK/SDK3/VRCSdkControlPanelWorldBuilder.cs:2387)
System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder:Start<VRC.SDK3.Editor.VRCSdkControlPanelWorldBuilder/d__178> (VRC.SDK3.Editor.VRCSdkControlPanelWorldBuilder/d__178&)
VRC.SDK3.Editor.VRCSdkControlPanelWorldBuilder:BuildAndTest ()
VRC.SDK3.Editor.VRCSdkControlPanelWorldBuilder/<>c__DisplayClass111_0/<b__7>d:MoveNext () (at Packages/com.vrchat.worlds/Editor/VRCSDK/SDK3/VRCSdkControlPanelWorldBuilder.cs:1783)
System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncVoidMethodBuilder:Start<VRC.SDK3.Editor.VRCSdkControlPanelWorldBuilder/<>c__DisplayClass111_0/<b__7>d> (VRC.SDK3.Editor.VRCSdkControlPanelWorldBuilder/<>c__DisplayClass111_0/<b__7>d&)
VRC.SDK3.Editor.VRCSdkControlPanelWorldBuilder/<>c__DisplayClass111_0:b__7 ()
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr)

I have done nothing with the code whatsoever, this happens when I try test my world. I cannot seem to contact the creator directly so i’m asking for help in here.

i will attempt to see if i can import the project to see if i get the same error if i do i will investigate a way to fix your error

i have had no problem adding it and compiling, have you tried re-importing it?

yes I have, i’ve even completly removed it from my project and re added it as well with no success.

that is weird what version of udonsharp and world SDK are you using?

I will have to check when I get home, i’m currently at work. could I have also messed up the install for VCC as well? I had to manually install the unity 2019 package due to an error with the installer.

ah ok the when you are available if you want i will help getting vcc installed

ok, i’m home now, what I have installed in that world package in Creator Companion:
VRChat SDK - Worlds 3.4.1
VRChat Package Resolver Tool 0.1.26
VRChat SDK - Base 3.4.1
EasyQuestSwitch 1.2.1
VRWorld Toolkit 2.1.5
Real Fake Doors 1.5.1
SmartObjectSync 3.10.0

I don’t see anything else installed, is UdonSharp located somewhere else?

udonsharp has been included with vrchat world sdk since 3.4.0

but what i might say try is clearing the SerializedUdonPrograms folder in Assets/SerializedUdonPrograms

and then recompiling

does it auto recompile after that folder is removed? or is there a way you have to do it after removing it?

Select A Udon Program Asset
And In The Inspector Click “Compile All UdonSharp Programs”

I figured out where to find that and I am trying it now.

[EDIT] so the second I booted up VRchat to test the world it came up with the same error and the lanes are still not working, the lanes set the pins but the bowling ball does not seem to register it’s for that lane at all.

I also get this error after i’m fully botted into my world:
Assembly for Assembly Definition File ‘Packages/com.mmmaellon.real-fake-doors/Editor/com.mmmaellon.real-fake-doors.Editor.asmdef’ will not be compiled, because it has no scripts associated with it.
UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.EditorCompilationInterface:CompileScripts (UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.EditorScriptCompilationOptions,UnityEditor.BuildTargetGroup,UnityEditor.BuildTarget)
(wrapper dynamic-method) UnityEditor.BuildPipeline:UnityEditor.BuildPipeline.BuildAssetBundles_Patch2 (string,UnityEditor.AssetBundleBuild,UnityEditor.BuildAssetBundleOptions,UnityEditor.BuildTargetGroup,UnityEditor.BuildTarget)
UnityEditor.BuildPipeline:BuildAssetBundles (string,UnityEditor.AssetBundleBuild,UnityEditor.BuildAssetBundleOptions,UnityEditor.BuildTarget)
VRC.SDK3.Editor.Builder.VRCWorldAssetExporter:ExportCurrentSceneResource (bool,System.Action1<string>,System.Action1)
VRC.SDK3.Editor.Builder.VRCWorldBuilder:ExportSceneResourceInternal (bool)
VRC.SDK3.Editor.Builder.VRCWorldBuilder:ExportSceneResource ()
VRC.SDK3.Editor.Builder.VRCWorldBuilder:ExportSceneResourceAndRun ()
VRC.SDK3.Editor.VRCSdkControlPanelWorldBuilder/d__113:MoveNext () (at Packages/com.vrchat.worlds/Editor/VRCSDK/SDK3/VRCSdkControlPanelWorldBuilder.cs:1998)
UnityEngine.UnitySynchronizationContext:ExecuteTasks ()

I just found this error for Udon as well:

Exception: Could not find UdonSharp locator, make sure you have installed U# following the install instructions.
UdonSharp.Updater.UdonSharpLocator.get_InstallPath () (at Packages/com.vrchat.worlds/Integrations/UdonSharp/Runtime/UdonSharpLocator.cs:47)
UdonSharp.Updater.UdonSharpLocator.get_SamplesPath () (at Packages/com.vrchat.worlds/Integrations/UdonSharp/Runtime/UdonSharpLocator.cs:75)
UdonSharp.Updater.UdonSharpDataLocator.InitializeUdonSharpData () (at Packages/com.vrchat.worlds/Integrations/UdonSharp/Runtime/UdonSharpDataLocator.cs:67)
UdonSharp.Updater.UdonSharpDataLocator.get_DataPath () (at Packages/com.vrchat.worlds/Integrations/UdonSharp/Runtime/UdonSharpDataLocator.cs:44)
UdonSharp.Updater.UdonSharpLocator.get_SettingsPath () (at Packages/com.vrchat.worlds/Integrations/UdonSharp/Runtime/UdonSharpLocator.cs:73)
UdonSharpEditor.UdonSharpSettings.GetSettings () (at Packages/com.vrchat.worlds/Integrations/UdonSharp/Editor/Editors/UdonSharpSettings.cs:87)
UdonSharpEditor.UdonSharpSettings.GetScannerBlacklist () (at Packages/com.vrchat.worlds/Integrations/UdonSharp/Editor/Editors/UdonSharpSettings.cs:160)
UdonSharpEditor.UdonSharpSettings.FilterBlacklistedPaths (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] paths) (at Packages/com.vrchat.worlds/Integrations/UdonSharp/Editor/Editors/UdonSharpSettings.cs:182)
UdonSharp.Compiler.CompilationContext.GetAllFilteredSourcePaths (System.Boolean isEditorBuild) (at Packages/com.vrchat.worlds/Integrations/UdonSharp/Editor/Compiler/CompilationContext.cs:212)
UdonSharp.Compiler.CompilationContext.GetAllFilteredScripts (System.Boolean isEditorBuild) (at Packages/com.vrchat.worlds/Integrations/UdonSharp/Editor/Compiler/CompilationContext.cs:228)
UdonSharp.UdonSharpProgramAsset.IsAnyScriptDirty () (at Packages/com.vrchat.worlds/Integrations/UdonSharp/Editor/UdonSharpProgramAsset.cs:256)
UdonSharp.UdonSharpProgramAsset.CompileAllCsPrograms (System.Boolean forceCompile, System.Boolean editorBuild) (at Packages/com.vrchat.worlds/Integrations/UdonSharp/Editor/UdonSharpProgramAsset.cs:292)
UdonSharpEditor.UdonSharpEditorManager.RunPostAssemblyBuildRefresh () (at Packages/com.vrchat.worlds/Integrations/UdonSharp/Editor/UdonSharpEditorManager.cs:131)
UnityEditor.AssemblyReloadEvents.OnAfterAssemblyReload () (at :0)

this seems to be an error if you have removed the udonsharp locator in the folder Assets/UdonSharp/UdonSharpDataLocator.Asset

how would I go about fixing this? reinstalling udonsharp? if so, how would I do that?

add this To Assets/UdonSharp/UdonSharpDataLocator.Asset
https://cdn.magma-mc.net/Unity/Udon/UdonSharpDataLocator.asset
and then try to recompile

and also i seen how the real-fake-doors editor scripts failed to compile

the UdonSharpDataLocator .asset is there in the folder. could it be corrupt?

Have Your Tried To Create A New Test Project To See If It Something Wrong With the Asset Itself?

no I have not, i’ll try that now, so all I do is make a new project and then add the bowling lanes to see if they work?

Did It End Up Working?