Developer Update - 4 August 2022

Уважаемые разработчики, всё это звучит сладко, но очень интересно как это будет работать у ПК игроков, сам таким являюсь. И вишинкой на торте есть хороший вопрос. Многие ПК игроки не могут позволитл себе VR, но им так же хочется быть более жимиви в общении с другими игроками. Будет ли этот вопрос как то решатся?

Would appreciate it if you increased the size of the Mic button in the quick menu.

If a third-party mod was able to better accommodate non-standard/‘incorrect’ avatar rigs while the vanilla IK can’t, than that doesn’t really reflect the best on the vanilla IK, I feel. I personally haven’t run into many issues switching over, but this feels a little dismissive.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t it be good if ‘Write Defaults’ was disabled by default then, also in the example animators, and the SDK puts out a warning on upload if this is used somewhere?

Maybe a bit of an aside to the contents of the post but as someone who has been following the LucasVR open source vr gloves project im wondering if theres gonna be a way for them or other projects to hook into VRC. While the finger and hand tracking can work via index controller emulation the force feedback cannot. is VRC gonna take efforts to support projects like this in the future now that modding in compatability isnt an option (even though it was against TOS all along)?

Its really nice to see that you bringing out so many QOL improvments to the game after all the negative feedback because of the EAC System. I hope there will be alot more updates coming to the game, like changing the resolution and msaa of the mirror.

These features are looking great but for real can you guys fix the keyboard? It’s so bad. Everyone I know complains about it, literally everyone. If you are adding all these chat bubble features you need to make the typing experience in VR better.

Second this idea, being able to push the camera lens out without having to actually walk it to it’s location would make taking group photos a lot easier, as well as setting up stream cams.

well they could always put it in a place that doesnt get removed when the game reinstalls and it could cloud sync via steam or some server for oculus i mean meta devices when the game launches

if modders could do it vrc could (if modders actually did that kinda of thing which im sure they did some way)

Will others see my Earmuffs radius or at least the icon?

3 Likes

Worlds mirror doesn’t use occlusion culling at all, they don’t even have an adjustable far clipping sadly.

is there any chance to have “Conversation Dome” or “Conversation Box” in world SDK in order to make silent rooms?

Thank you for all the work these past few days!

As an aside, some things on my avatar rely on Write Defaults being enabled, and it would be a little tricky to rework it all with that disabled. Would it be feasible to save the parameter data of de-loaded avatars into a tiny bit of memory or cache, similar to how OSC stores avatar parameters? Or would this be too intensive?

I know I’m only one person asking for this @tupper but if you could find the time to allow the infinite camera scaling, infinite camera grab range, and hiding the camera controls (making the full camera screen that remains grabbable) I’d be so very happy. I know others would really appreciate these changes also if the could try them out.

Additionally, could we please have a way to set camera defaults. Having to turn on smooth move and semi auto every new login is tedious and easy to forget.

Thanks,

Njna

I hope that some simple APIs can be opened in the future to make the world more diverse and play more

More external websites use these APIs, making it more convenient for the community and players

Please do not release this if write defaults are broken. I’m an avatar creator, I use defaults ON. I’ve had a lot of issues turning it off due to inconsistency with toggles. On has worked much better for me in general. I’m also not the only avatar creator using it ON. U will probably break A LOT of avatars.

2 Things I miss from mods
As an creator I would LOVE to be able to spawn an local avatar clone that spawns in the position of my IK. I used mods for this before to check for clipping issues on my avatars. I would get in a weird position, spawn the clone and look around on the avatar for any clipping.

Please please please, add a third person toggle for desktop mode. First person on desktop is so annoying as an creator. Being able to look at my avatar in third person helps so much when testing stuff and just looking at the avatar in general instead of running to a mirror etc. I know personal mirror is gonna be a thing but it’s just gonna be annoying. If third person is discussed to be implemented, please allow for zooming in and out and also turning the camera around so I can look at my avatar from the front as well.

3 Likes

The text chat is neat, but I think you’ve missed a real thematic opportunity; Shift the chat bubble slightly to the left, and make it look like the VRChat logo’s Black rounded border, arrow pointing at the head, white background with black text for visibility (Font optional).

Something to also consider with the text in the speech bubble in general, to take accessibility further, is to look into using a dyslexic-friendly font.

This might not have been mentioned in the main post, but favorite friend group maximums are also going up to 150 each!

1 Like

I didn’t get a chance to comment on the earlier posts regarding FSR so I’m definitely late to that discussion, but what I saw you experience with your initial tests was over sharpening due to the using the default settings. Typically with FSR 1.0 the developer needs to tune the sharpening values as part of its inclusion into the game, however, obviously we’re not dealing with static known content and display resolutions as content is completely player created and headsets vary with resolution of their displays. The easiest solution would be to have a slider in the UI, maybe in the radial menu when FSR is enabled, to let the user control the amount of sharpening applied so they can adjust it to meet their needs this way if its too sharp or blurry they can adjust it until they find a happy medium.

1 Like

One suggestion i have is to move the mirror controls to the quick menu, to one of the tabs (maybe the camera tab?, you have empty room there) instead of burying on the action menu. As the mirror controls get accessed quite a bit while in use. Having them on the quick menu would be much faster to access. Also it’d be much easier for a new user to realize the thing exists.