Developer Update - 4 August 2022

Viewpoint tweaker when?

1 Like

I want to see FSR in the next beta.
Or as soon as possible.

1 Like

The earmuffs is coming along really quickly, awesome!

The “typing” ellipses is useful, I’m wondering if that would be something worth having when you have any menu open at all. Just to clarify communication (sorry I wasn’t ignoring you, even though it seemed like I was looking right at you I was just scrolling through my avatars)

1 Like

@tupper
it would be great if vrchat realized which avatar was using too many frames per second and automatically disabled its shaders or showed a warning, of course, everything is configurable. what do you think about it?

Both Neos and CVR have viewpoint shifting with avatar scale so it seems so weird VRC doesn’t have this feature.

Id like to see avatar search thats condensed to decent avi’s. My mod allows me to search avi’s but instead of getting 500 usless avi’s that no one cares about it gives me creator ones. I personally will not be returning till mods are allowed back in the game or a decent avatar search is released. Theres a ton of decent avi’s that are public but not uploaded under a world.

1 Like

Please think about avatar search cuz its very useful

where you can search for public avatars by there “name” or “author”

cuz that would be very useful

1 Like

could a chat message system for people in different instances possibly be in the works?

Despite both VRChat and Unity recommending against using it, many avatar creators still use Write Defaults

Citation needed, cannot find any mention of Unity recommending against using Write Defaults. Evidence points to the opposite since it defaults to on on all animator states. Not to mention, turning off write defaults can introduce bugs in the animator with parameter drivers.

A decent solution to write defaults being on while disabling/enabling the animator is to simply reload the avatar as if the user had selected “Reset Avatar” in their radial menu.

1 Like

While I am still not happy with how you have treated the disabled and those speaking out along with not adding these features before the EAC update. I am happy you guys are attempting to add these features.

I do have a personal request for a cinematic camera or in better terms a camera that can move on its own.

or possibly having the ability to create a local npc that can record your movement and current avatar. This would help a lot with content creation.

1 Like

I hope that get’s added too! I typically only hang out around adults when I am relaxing in VRC. Most minors will not have their age listed in their bio, but this way when I learn their age I can write that down as a personal note, that way I don’t accidentally invite them to an instance where we are making adult jokes or exploring mature topics.

This would also be incredibly useful in the case of remembering pronouns. Most people do not have their pronouns listed in their bio, so I usually just politely ask. I also have memory issues, so it can be awkward to forget and have to ask again how someone identifies, especially because that is a question that sadly not everyone is comfortable being asked.

2 Likes

I second this! They should at the very least make it so if you have a float parameter for scaling on your avatar, that it will scale your viewpoint/locomotion as well. This would obviously limit people who don’t edit their own avatars in unity from implementing it, however it would prevent the unnecessary lag associated with people constantly switch through their avis

1 Like

Im a bit sad that the calibration mirror is not going to be locked to the head anymore since i was finally able to see if im looking straight ahead and could finally calibrate firat try

1 Like

If they could implement features from the deprecated “Scale Goes Brrrr” mod, that would be amazing! I still have a radial in my quick menu to scale my avatar, but it sadly does not scale my viewpoint, so when I make myself big, my arms go all T-Rex. Making it so that scaling your avatar scales your viewpoint as well would be amazing, because it would allow folks to implement Neos/CVR like scaling behavior onto their avatar. Of course, these other platforms include it as a native feature, but to me it makes more sense as something you add in Unity. Then again I felt the same way about the portable mirror, and they are adding that, so maybe we will see a native scaling feature after all ^^

2 Likes

Very nice to see higher resolutions outputs for pictures. If we could also get the option to resize the camera’s screen to make it larger so we can see what we are taking a picture of better would be wonderful!

1 Like

Yeah same here, it’s great to finally see but man… just rather unfortunate the circumstances that finally got them to invest more in QoL features.

I do hope the devs aren’t getting themselves crunched too much regardless

1 Like

please fix the oculus issue when you try to use the oculus version of VRChat on Virtual Desktop.

1 Like

Instead of being annoyed at this, instead I’ll take this as a learning opportunity, so I’ll pose a question: do you have any guides/resources that could walk through/assist in fixing a rig to be up to snuff for 2.0? The model I’ve worked on for 2 years I’ve never touched the legs area, and just now swapping to 2.0 from IKTweaks I’m noticing problems with it.

1 Like

but i have not said anything that i wanted limiting people’s voices, geez.
i just wrote that not seeing non-friends’ text by default, which is way less obnoxious than their voice, which you CAN hear by default, is simply absurd.

2 Likes