Developer Update - 30 March 2023

Are there any plans for a pico 4 version? A version for android phones is cool & all but honestly a pico version would make more sense, to me at least

Will the move to Unity 2021.3 potentially enable the use of AI Characters & Dialogue for Unity - Inworld?

1 Like

I suspect not, looking at the recommended review. (emphasis mine, aka I bolded some words)

Looks cool and for sure does what it says but for anyone not certain like me - It needs internet connection to work. All questions are send to Inworld server. I would buy a solution that works on local computer since I’m working on single player game. Nevertheless, good job.

1 Like

It’s for Stations (Chairs). If you plan to attach animators to them, they just break on Avatar 3 models. Took me weeks to understand I needed that particular DLL file in my Udon project in order to fix some animators I had set up.

Android version sounds fantastic! I can finally test to see if my Quest avatars actually work on the Quest.

Now all I need is a phone from this decade :laughing:

Yea, measure the real performance cost (CPU time, GPU time, Rank etc…) during unity build and register those info with the vrca (not inside, but as a small text file, let’s call this “PerfCostBeforeDL”) so the vrchat client can use those “PerfCostBeforeDL” to allow or deny avatars based on our safety settings.

The current system is just terrible, you have to load an avatar to be able to see it’s rank. Does it make sens to hide an very poor avatar when everything is already loaded in memory and vrchat offers no way to unload avatars during runtime?

1 Like

we will wait for switch 2

When is this gonna happen? // Is it gonna be “time by time” Removal or “all in one instant move” ? :hushed:

Sorta confused about the phone app decision, but more users is more users I guess. I’m wondering if there’s going to be any further camera fixes / modifications (scaling and grab distance) in particular. Additionally is it a known issue that you can’t click the camera menu buttons while moving / falling? (same for the menus?)

1 Like

That’s the problem. Osc would solve that right quick if they implement it into worlds but that hasn’t come around yet.

Are there any plans for VRChat for Android to use the Play Integrity API?
The Play Integrity API is a big headache for Android users, especially those using custom ROMs or devices that have not been certified by Google.
I for one hope don’t use it.

1 Like

That’s awesome! Excited to see VRChat coming to mobile devices :star:

Does it matter where the DLL file is located? or just throw it anywhere?

Just trying to make sure the solution is easy to find until implemented.

And to anyone looking at this issue, grab the DLL from a project that contains the Avatar SDK, even if you have to create a new project. don’t grab a DLL off of a random website :stuck_out_tongue:

OMG!!! Major unity Upgrade !!! Now that sounds hella Good!
Also shootout to ThatGuy request for emojis!

That’s strange, because I could’ve sworn Fax mentioned that:

Most notably - some user avatars may lack mipmaps, have them disabled, or have a maximum priority. This would adversely affect mipmaps with streaming enabled: Once you run out of VRAM, they’d appear blurry and stuck at a lower mipmap. Users might run into this issue maliciously, or accidentally.

The issue is that the mipmap may be stuck at a lower level. I don’t really see this as an issue, personally, since it would be prioritizing runtime performance over quality. Is it not possible to have mipmap streaming as a client toggle-able option like many other games? I know “Texture Streaming” is a setting that can be set in the quality options at least.

I think mipmap streaming is really important and is the last piece of the puzzle that VRChat can implement to help with client performance/stability before we need users to optimize their worlds and avatars. Besides, as far as I understand, most avatars should have it already enabled, right? It is a VRCSDK warning that auto-enables it if mipmaps are enabled on textures (which I think is the default behavior, no?).

I have a canny post asking for this feature.

1 Like

For now, I’ve been told to put it in the Assets folder, which gives access to the vrc components for the Animator that’s needed to fix Avatar 3 Stations breaking on implementing another Animator.

I believe Unity’s OpenXR implementation still does not have proper hand tracking support for Index controllers?

Edit: of course, they could probably write their own implementations, but is it really worth the trouble?

firefox_vORyF3Cjp2

I happy for VR chat app and unity

I am sensing… something…

Umm… i should be happy about expanding to android, but when the game is still in early access and is not even working properly for PC, how is that you have thought about taking this step? VRChat got heavily downgraded because of the Quest update and it still hasn’t recovered at 100%

Also, what are you going to do with all the nsfw content that is in the game? there’s a very high amount of nsfw avatars and also people dropping slurs everywhere. Do you think VRChat has a place on Android right now? you haven’t fought anything nsfw in a serious way…

The game is mostly for adults and this is going to be a high influx of minors, children, with no parents monitoring it.

2 Likes