Developer Update - 30 March 2023

I wonder if we will see hand tracking on PC before the IOS Version releases…

1 Like

I am just a little confused, what about the world properties? Are you all finally tackling this part when you mentioned colliders?

Would be great if the clients would support Stereoscopic displays. The new Android based Lume Pad from Leia inc. is a 12" tablet that has an awesome 3D display, no glasses needed. And Acer makes a laptop with a glasses-free 3D display that you can walk into Best Buy to get right now.

2 Likes

I feel that since little kids can easily download VRChat on their mobile device with Google Play, could you all release it on the official website as an APK download instead?

3 Likes

so question i know you guys said youll be getting rid of accounts

Old Unused Account Cleaning

We will be cleaning up some old, unverified, completely unused accounts from our databases. If you have used an account at all, this does not apply to it.

would that mean if they were trusted would you still get rid of it? i have a fav model from a r i p friend that is no longer with the living and with this info im scared you guys are gonna delete his account when thats all i have left of him

1 Like

A trusted account has definitely been used, so it is not affected here.

1 Like

I think OSC might be a thing to try there. There is ability to have the two stick inputs replaced via app. I thought I saw a mention of such a thing existing, possibly by a “varneon” but I haven’t looked into it yet.

Unrelated, but to anyone worried about accounts that have never ever been used, keep in mind that you can’t eat only rabbits.

1 Like

My concern was for custom/new VR Controllers since in the past when new controllers came out there was little to no support. Might make a feature request about that if that’s the case. Also I thought OpenVR was deprecated from 2020+

Honestly really interested in seeing VRChat on Android phones. Aside from the elephant in the room, this will make testing Worlds and Avatars on Quest/Mobile much more faster.

VRChat on switch is real

also will mobile version support vr cardboard mode?

4 Likes

uff. nice work, But then the Huge Crash Bugs and Avatar FX Bugs from last Desaster Update gets Fixed? We are all Struggling with this.

2 Likes

Since the update to Unity 2021.3 (or newer) means that OpenXR is now finally supported and also used for Meta Quest, does this mean VRChat is maybe also coming to the Pico 4 later on?

What are some of the improvements we as creators are going to get from the Unity 2021.1 update?

Will people be able to subscribe to VRChat+ on Android?

When clicking on inout fields, will the Phones Keyboard or the VRChat Keyboard open up?

Also, will “Quest” banner on nameplates change to “Mobile” or “Android” to reflect this change?

1 Like

Any plans to add the VRCSDK3A.dll to your udon installer? I didn’t even know this was a thing until I had to ask around about stations and problems with Avatar 3s.

Pretty cool stuff here. I can already hear all the background audio coming from somebody playing on their phone, haha.

Any chance we’ll get the option to use either? It would be nice (especially on Linux and also maybe with WMR) to be able to use native OXR runtimes directly.

Also… VRChat for the Lynx R1? :pleading_face:

With the engine upgrade, are we quest users going to see the application spacewar implemented?

Switch only has 4GB of ram. Not 6 :frowning:

You might want to clarify that a bit more, but maybe clarify if I’m a bit wrong. there is a VRCSDK3A.dll in the Avatar SDK, and there is something in Udon that needs it for worlds? So the work around is to grab like
./Packages/com.vrchat.avatars/Runtime/VRCSDK/Plugins/VRCSDK3A.dll
./Packages/com.vrchat.avatars/Runtime/VRCSDK/Plugins/VRCSDK3A.dll.meta

and make those files available when you’re making a world?

No, unfortunately Application SpaceWarp requires using Meta’s fork of URP (Universal Render Pipeline) which is not compatible with existing content.

Did FinalIK get updated or is it still in 1.9 ?