Developer Update - 15 September 2022

On the Audio % bug:

Did you guys make sure Navigation is set to none? :stuck_out_tongue:

STREAM CAMARA para PC USERS PLIS :hugs:

1 Like

Hey, can you comment on the users who have been EAC banned recently, including me? I lost my account because EAC keeps disconnecting me. Made a new vrc account and I can play just fine
My reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/VRchat/comments/xep5pm/im_eac_banned_now_what/
Video: eac ban video - YouTube
VRChat support hasn’t responded to my ticket #121239 in 3 days

1 Like

It would be nice if everyone’s chat box was set as everyone as default seeing as not many people not knowing is a feature yet, it’s quite a pain trying to tell someone chat box now exists in another language, also would be a nice way to show it exists via surprise

We’ve got Brightness, no plan on adding Gamma! If there’s a bug with brightness or you would like to add additional controls, please post your ideas on the Feedback boards.

I won’t say “I’m pretty sure we wouldn’t miss that” but I’m pretty sure we wouldn’t miss that. I’ll ask anyways!

I’m… not sure what you’re asking for here? Could you explain?

Known bug! Annoying, but known.

Can you post this to our Feedback boards?

Kneejerk thought? That’s not VRChat, that’s a hardware or driver issue.

Either way, we can’t help you here! This thread is about our developer update. Please go to https://vrch.at/support to submit a ticket.

Sorry, I’m not sure I caught everything, but it seems like you’re having problems with VRChat. Please go to https://vrch.at/support and submit a ticket for technical support.

As far as I understand, that isn’t AVPro or Udon, that’s a bunk AMD driver. Have you tried reverting to 22.5.1?

We’ve seen this suggestion a lot! We’re not quite sure how it’d work, but we’ve got it noted.

I can’t help you with bans or reports! VRChat doesn’t provide Trust and Safety contact via this forum.

Please contact our Trust and Safety team at http://vrch.at/moderation to request information, appeal a ban, or to report someone or something in VRChat.

We’ve talked about this in a previous Developer Update. Short answer: We’re eventually going to have this.

Can’t wait to get these changes in Open Beta!

As I understand it, that’s for an AMD GPU, I’m on an AMD CPU with an nVidia graphics card and still getting the same problem.

We’ve got several AMD CPU users on the team and in QA-- they’ve not reported this issue. Do you know of any other users with this problem?

Either way, is there any chance you can get output logs to our Support team? It might be an edge-case issue with AVPro itself. We’ve sent them things before that have resulted in bug fixes.

Dev Update threads aren’t really supposed to be for bug reporting. :laughing:

Can we get the playspace mover mod that lets you climb the air for quest

That’s fair and I’ve logged a bug in the canny for it already, with a snippet of log pointing to where the problem may lie.

1 Like

That wasn’t / isn’t a mod! It’s a separate application.

It isn’t really something that we’d consider an inherent feature of VRChat. It’s more of a consequence of the OpenVR/XR APIs that we know and love being so open.

Can you link me that post?

Here

Not sure what the context is, but it would be appreciated if this was fixed for the keyboard too. Keys only work on KeyUp, not KeyDown. It makes it very difficult to type.

It wasn’t, it was only changed for the specific case noted here.

That sounds like something we’ll change for the upcoming keyboard rework

1 Like

I’m not sure the “Secure worlds” are responsible for “Not being able to travel” error.
Since like 2 weeks ago, I’ve repeatedly had the same thing happen:

• I start the game, I join on some of my friends in a public or friends+ world.
  • We hang out
  • After about 10 minutes, I notice that I can no longer change avatars.
  • When trying to rejoin the instance, or go to another world, I get once of the following error messages:

A couple times, this would start immediately upon entering the game, without even joining any friends.

That isn’t what the change is about. That message appears for a variety of reasons (including general connection errors, VRChat server issues, you tripped over your ethernet cord, etc etc). The new error messages will help you nail things down a bit more.

Judging by your errors and description, your internet connection is unstable.

the new main menu and qm look extremly good i personally love it but yep as expected some bug are here and some more will come out and be fixed

whats about performance @tupper ?? do u have any optimization plain for it ?

Check this out, this seems to be main issue Canny

Okie dokie I will be waiting next week and just relax your day. ^-^