Crashers kill lobbies

Hey,

i dont know if vrchat team already knows about the new crashing methods people found to upload & use crash avatars again. Vrchat lobbies getting killed everyday ending up in users make group+ or friend+ lobbies only wich results in less interaction with new people.

It’s pretty annoying and i dont know whats the point of crashing the whole lobby. These guys just killing the game wich is sad because i found many friends and i really enjoy talking to them and playing games in worlds.

I would be really happy if you guys can do something against the crashing avatars. One big provider is hexedware. They do even create thier own lobbies and have no fear to display them self as winner.

Here’s thier tiktok: TikTok - Make Your Day

They created a custom vrchat uploader to counter vrchat’s upload filters.

1 Like

I’m in the sunset bar loop, there’s rumors that a particular bar (won’t say which) sends crashers to other bars as an attempt to kill competition. Instance crashes, and people flood to another. If you’ve ran a bar, it’s why you’ll get a large influx of people at the same time, their previous instance crashed, so they went to a different instance of the same bar.

Multiple people claim to have heard this particular bar/group discuss this in their public instances. Bar owners don’t like to leave to have any discussions, due to the small burden of instance ownership transferring, no matter how private, the topic is almost always discussed in a not so private corner of their own groups public instance. I’ve heard many owners say they won’t stoop that low, and enjoy the friendly competition.

The thing is they probably know about it, you can report users and make complaints, but they can’t make drastic actions without risking limiting people’s freedom and they can’t explain it to us without rising exposition their detection technics just for them being dodged right after.

So sadly, in this status quo, there isn’t much to be done aside of doing group ban and making group + instances.

Their also flat out sending them into avi search worlds like yaas perma’ing accounts that never merged their accounts, literally just lost mine a couple hours ago, I wished the devs gave us the ability to default avatars when loading into worlds, I’m no longer able to do much now with my non merged account.

If they can’t fix things and protect the users adequately without taking away people’s freedom, even with proofs and reports… Then there is a big problem with how they operate and search problems.

Protecting your people and giving them their due freedom and privacy is one of the basics in any social environment.

I had some crash issues due to some random folks lately… But mostly due to their Avatar crashers, which can be dodged if you… block every single avatar in public lobbies.