Vrchat is still not allowing me to launch on Steam

Hi! writing this again an attaching the image that I get when I launch the game. Still having difficulty launching where the game will load for a second and this error code will pop up. Ive read other posts saying it could be EAC. As of now, I dont use any other games that use EAC that it could be seeing so im assuming maybe the version of it is not working. Ive uninstalled the game multiple times with no luck and tried to run the app with no results only the same error code. My last idea of what this could be is maybe since I have Avast installed but its not active and my game has run fine for the past year and a half ive had it installed. Any help would be amazing.

So does that file exist? Screenshot shows a full path to a particular file it is interested in

Only things I can really think of to do:

1. Obviously, make sure the file actually exists, use “Browse local files” from steam
  2. Verify local files through steam
  3. Uninstall and reinstall Vrchat
  4. Install and try out other EAC games to see whether or not it is EAC specific
  5. Reinstall Windows
  6. Pray to whatever god-like spirit has cursed you
  7. Forget praying to gods and become a god yourself
1 Like

If the vrchat.exe is missing I’m suspecting a virus scanner with a false positive

Its interesting you say that because i opened up the files manager for vrchat today and the file VrChat.exe is missing. It wasnt missing before using this same issue so im not too sure what to do? Im not the most crazy technical person but im just going to reinstall/repair eac and reinstall vrchat itself to see maybe it will generate itself back i have no idea.

OKAY so the only way that has worked so far fixing this is to uninstall everything and just reinstall so that vrchat.exe reinstalls itself almost. I have no idea why it was missing in the first place but for now, im able to log in and play. Ty for everyones help.

I mostly wanted to make sure the file was actually missing before blaming a virus scanner. Every update to VRChat is a change to it’s engine, and I’ve seen virus scanners occasionally decide that VRChat.exe isn’t one they recognize and because of how VRChat goes out to the internet for information, its considered a virus for a few days.

Some times it’s silent, other times the scanner pops up a scary message