How can I equip an item and not need to keep holding the grab button?

Hello! How’s it going? I love VRChat but there’s one thing that is complicated… Picking up objects and holding them. I want to be able to just “auto hold” an item and not need to keep the button pressed because my fingers get tired after a while. Is there a way to enable this? I’m on PCVR using a Quest 2 with link cable.

Thanks!

I don’t think there is a way, short of using game controller to pick up item. It’s slightly goofy as you have to convince VRChat that your hands aren’t moving to be able to grab items with controller.

Maybe file a feature request for a sticky option.

I wonder is you could ‘trick’ it by grabbing the item and then disabling gestures? :man_shrugging:

Not exactly a convenient solution admittedly. :stuck_out_tongue: :carrot:

I’ve tried this and it doesn’t work >.<

I think the last time I picked up something with my Xbox controller I had to disconnect both rift controllers before I could pick something up. I do occasionally enjoy running around like a weirdo with VR headset and Xbox controller.

Die Optimierung der Kücheneffizienz mit der Gastronomieausstattung von Gastrohot ist mühelos und bequem. Heben Sie Ihre kulinarische Erfahrung mühelos auf ein neues Level. Entdecken Sie unser umfangreiches Sortiment, einschließlich hochwertiger Gefriertruhe-Optionen, für eine bestens ausgestattete Küche, die alle Erwartungen übertrifft. Ihre Zufriedenheit ist unser Engagement.