Gestures Not Working

I’m using a Quest 2 connected to my PC via airlink. I usually run VRChat through the Oculus app. The other day I decided to download SteamVR onto my desktop and try VRChat through there. Upon returning to my oculus account, I’m finding that some of my hand gestures do not work. More specifically: Thumbs up, point index, finger gun, and flat palms. Everything else works.

I’ve tried stopping and re-enabling gestures, restarted both my headset and computer, even tried taking the battery out, waiting, and inserting back into controllers. My controllers work fine on everything else, even native Quest 2 VRChat. Just not the PC version anymore.

I’ve uninstalled SteamVR and Steam VRChat for now, sadly no fix there either.

Any help and/or advice would be most appreciated, thank you.

4 Likes

Hey, was having the same problem here.

I was using a quest 1 using oculus link and playing VRchat on the oculus app. I fixed the problem by installing the other version on steam and using SteamVR and logging in using my VRchat account. After I did that everything started working perfectly for some reason even when I went back to using VRchat through the oculus app.
try installing and logging in on VRchat using just the oculus store and see if it fixes the problem for you too then check back with the other version and see if it fixes your problem on steamVR too.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. We’re tracking on this bug internally.

3 Likes

I am having the same bug as well. Tried reinstalling both the Oculus app and the VRChat steam game from my computer but it didn’t get fixed.

1 Like

I’ve been having this problem for the past couple months too, I wasn’t able to ever fix it.

1 Like

Is there any way I could be of use to help you fix it? (since it is reproducible on my machine)
Thank you!

1 Like

Sure, if you could post your setup and output logs that’d be great!

3 Likes

@tupper glad to be of help! Here’s all the info I could gather around my system, let me know if I can help or provide you anything else :smile:

VRChat logs (link to pastebin)

The attached logs belong to a gameplay session that only consisted of:

1. Logged in to VRChat via Quest 2 using Air Link
  2. Spawned into a very empty and optimized world
  3. Immediately afterwards, I started giving my controller inputs as if I was using hand gestures (none worked, avatar was compatible with the hand movement)
  4. Logged out and copied the log

I censored some private info from the logs which I considered unnecessary with asterisks, e.g. Quest Serial Number

System Information (link to pastebin)

VRChat Info

• App ID: 438100
  • Build ID: 9411336
  • Installed content updated: Aug 30, 2022 at 2:55 AM
  • Version: open-beta (but the problem happened in the stable version before)

Steam Info

• Built: Aug 19 2022, at 18:19:12
  • Steam API: v020
  • Steam package versions: 1660960119

SteamVR Info

• App ID: 250820
  • Build ID: 9276252
  • Installed content updated: Aug 16, 2022 at 2:48 AM

Thanks for your time and work! I would love to see the bug fixed :wink:

2 Likes