EAC prevents launching the VRC application

After the update that incorporated ‘Easy Anti Cheat’ into the game, I have run into a problem and I am unable to find any feasible solution to the problem. Whenever I launch the game, I get an error message ‘Cannot create service [OpenService failed: 5]’ with an error code of 20002. I tried various probable solutions (this includes reinstalling the game and verifying the files, and following the guidelines that are posted on the official VRC website), but none of the suggested steps fixed the problem.

For a better insight, here are a couple images showing the error messages that I get upon trying to launch the application.
Capture-1

1 Like

Please contact our Support team and report your issue there. Please include as much information as possible, such as game logs, screenshots, and etc. Video is also very helpful, if applicable.

Our support team will get back to you as soon as possible!

1 Like

i have the same issue. what did you do to solve it?

My armchair guess is that either special anti virus or other anti cheat software is blocking EAC.

But it’s just a guess, you should either contact support like the OP, or maybe just wait awhile and see if they respond