Developer Update - 3 November 2022

Please do!!!

Mayyyybe, the Steam implementation can also be cleared at-will by the user so that’s another function we’d have to add in (and UI for it and etc), dunno if I can sneak webdev/API time for that >_> they’re mostly busy on Groups atm

No new news, those projects have all stalled or stopped completely due to being unfeasible or being blocked behind things like “doesn’t work on this engine” and “everyone would have to output motion vectors from their shaders, which is not going to happen”

I could talk about it in a future dev update but it just tends to make people argue about it for pages, which isn’t what I want to do

LODs already exist in worlds, they don’t exist for avatars mostly because the people that have avatars performing poorly enough to need LODs are also the ones least likely to implement LODs

We have other solutions on the way but its a big, long term project

nah aside from just really badly made avatars, its mostly animators and setting remote poses last I checked. mostly animators. wowee there’s really bad animators out there. wowowowo

1. no plans but the feature request is tracked
  2. filed, tracked, but no movement, as no resources are available at the moment
  3. wait don’t we already cull things outside of view

I think so, yes

This is good feedback, thank you!