Developer Update - 27 October 2022

You’ve made several incorrect assumptions here, please don’t spread misinformation.

At runtime, this doesn’t really matter. You can ignore the network ID.

Our latest SDKs have been fairly stable as far as I know, especially with avatars! I keep up very closely with our avatar updates as I primarily work on avatars.

Do you have Feedback posts or support tickets with the issues you’re running into?

Currently, yes, this is dev-only.

You corrected yourself here, but yeah, there’s some complications with Graphics.Blit on Quest. We’ll have to document it.

On the way.

This is not correct. Updates are always opt-in and you can choose previous versions to use.

Please see this previous post. We do not have the resources to fully support and test Linux and MacOS creation tools, but we will do our best to ensure no barriers are in place and will not do anything to intentionally break them.

Notably, we have never officially supported creating content for VRChat on any platform other than Windows, but it works with a bit of manual work on both Linux and MacOS.

You have to opt-into each update.

No, but the updates are opt-in.

Require? I can’t see why it would. I can see it “strongly recommending because otherwise you’re going to break your project beyond repair” but probably not requiring. No guarantee here. I can’t see the future.

This isn’t a tool to control projects. It is a tool to make it easier to manage projects.

2 Likes