Developer Update - 10 August 2022

@tupper
ffr (fixed foveated rendering)

• this is already implemented in the native version for the quest
  • I would really like to have the same function on the PC
  • even if it disabled all custom shaders
  • and it would add performance

If I have one rebuttal to this though, it’s that I kind of really need to use ‘showAvatar’ often as I am fairly strict with my custom safety and perf settings, even affecting friends as well and I’d rather not have to adjust that to account for the fact. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

this was a feature in previous AV3 Beta before release that worked fine, why not just reimplement that? there wasn’t much information provided as to why it was removed though so maybe there is something im not seeing.

2 Likes

I love to see, updates being made for VRC

Happy sounds

The vrchat keyboard while in vr feels really clunky and you can’t click very fast because sometimes it doesn’t register the key input. I hope the keyboard for the TTT and for everything gets reworked, thank you for thinking about this.

https://ask.vrchat.com/t/developer-update-10-august-2022/12224#desktop-camera-or-wait-is-it-6 i think this feature is really good and could well also help for the vrchat video creators at leats the ones in desktop to have some mote options and well if it comes to vr the drone function i imagine could be used for very interesting things

Honestly, IMO? That’s probably getting a bit too deep for this feature. Toggles on toggles on toggles a readable UI does not make. :dizzy_face:

Yep, we’ve talked about this a bit internally. No other info other than that right now.

I hear you! However, we’ve got to think of how the vast majority of people will use this feature, and how to limit it getting confusing.

It was removed because the implementation had a lot of bugs and knock-ons we weren’t comfortable with releasing at the time. It still has those knock-ons.

Not ready to talk about what those issues are, or how we’d want to address them yet.

It won’t get reworked until some time after the new Main Menu is out, I think.

2 Likes

Thank you for posting this bit! I posted in every thread not to spam but to make sure awareness was spread.

4 Likes

Good job I see a lot of changes right now well try your best while you working while you will do. ^-^
#Team Vr Chat thank you! In this feeling is you’re really taking seriously like you know the rules. :+1:

1 Like

I love this idea! I reaply want to be able to hve world instance history because it is very hempful and would save time if we somehow crashed from the game.

1 Like

In regards to the feature requests made by people, I don’t think public avatar searching should be a thing until the team addresses the issue of paid or private assets being uploaded publicly.

2 Likes

Hmmm, what about this then for consideration? Let’s say this was not forced overridden. If someone were to swap into a hidden avatar while they had ‘showAvatar’ applied to them, what about swapping them into the default grey robot with an icon on it’s chest that indicates they’re in an hidden avatar, and you could simply select them and hit ‘Unhide avatar’ to reshow again?

A drone mode for VR would be so cool. No more climbing with OVR to get the camera to higher places. Also day 5 of requesting Freezeframe.

Has definitely been seen and noted.

3 Likes

True, that number doesn’t say too much, mostly when in VRC it shows the total amount of users. I’d also love to be able to see all the users in the instance from the webpage, instead of having to join it just to see that.

1 Like

I’m one of the people not getting tired to request Avatar scaling - I’m glad you confirmed we were all heard even if there’s nothing to report.

Thank you for your efforts :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Also, please never, EVER stop with these developer updates, I now can actually tell what’s going on in the VRC team and the clarity of what’s going on is very, very crystal clear compared to about a year ago.

4 Likes

When are we going to get protections from avatar ripping? VRCA files are about as easily accessible as they were in the old days. I’d like to see my content protected from piracy as I am not a company, but a private citizen.

1 Like

We’ve stated this many times, but I’ll say it again: We can make ripping harder, but never impossible. We’re doing some things to make it harder, but we can’t talk about security things in most cases.

We’re gonna lower the frequency to 2x a week next week (and 1x a week eventually) as this pace and info flow isn’t sustainable, but thank you for the feedback. I’m glad its helping!

I passed this feedback along to the web team.

3 Likes

+1 on the appreciation for these constant updates. I’m glad they’ll still be coming for the forseeable future (even if just once a week)

Thank you also for letting us know avatar search is being tracked internally as feedback. If you’d like to add this idea to whoever is collecting feedback for that feature: I think avatar search would work best currently if you could search for the avatar, but it simply told you what world the avatar was in. This would let people locate the avatar they want more easily while still giving Avatar Worlds a purpose :slight_smile:

1 Like