Creator Companion Crashed at Startup

Yea every time I start up the creator companion I get an error and I cannot use the app. Done a lot but cannot figure out whats up.

Log:

2024-06-26 14:03:15.908 -05:00 [INF] VRCLibLogger Writing logs to C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\VRChatCreatorCompanion\Logs\20240626T140315-257cdd8c879841c79e5aa8eb98592ec7-log.txt
2024-06-26 14:03:15.920 -05:00 [VRB] Starting Creator Companion
2024-06-26 14:03:15.920 -05:00 [VRB] Set working directory to C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Programs\VRChat Creator Companion
2024-06-26 14:03:15.937 -05:00 [ERR] Creator Companion crashed: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions.
2024-06-26 14:03:15.948 -05:00 [ERR] at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.UpdateStatusAfterSocketErrorAndThrowException(SocketError error, String callerName)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
at VCCApp.Extensions.Helpers.GetAvailableTcpPort(Int32 desiredPort)
at VCCApp.Program.RunVCC(String args)
at VCCApp.Program.Main(String args)

1 Like

That sounds like maybe an Anti-virus forbidden the vcc to acess some file or socket here. Maybe see if you have one, if it didn’t block it in any way.

Context on sockets: We’re so far into web 2.0 the companion is trying to open a network socket for the user interface to talk to. Also the I think the SDK has an open connection to the companion to know when a project is open

I just run windows defender, i checked its settings and firewall settings and there was nothing that would be blocking it. I found a solution. After a millionth attempt at a reinstall and reboot of PC it finally loaded in.

Said i had an update, after update it worked. Honestly I dont know how they expect us to update an app if it breaks like that lol. And why didnt the installer download the latest version when I reinstalled? So many questions.

I appreciate you response, I replied to Spokeek with the solution. Basically it had to update, but I couldnt update it cause I couldnt even get into the app.

Even though I downloaded a new installer from the site it still installed an old version after deleting the files and clearing the cache. Very odd. Check the reply I made for details, again thanks for your response.

Maybe you had a corrupted installation. And reinstall was the only solution. Weird anyway, but cool it’s fixed now.

I got this too… now back to using unity hub