Developer Update - 30 March 2023

Considering the amount of difficulty that there already is getting content cross platform on quest / pc, what performance targets are we expected to hit for android devices?

Many android devices are frankly terrible performance wise, to say nothing of lacking hardware / driver features that may cause crashes with certain custom shaders in custom worlds. Will there be a 3rd category for Mobile uses or will they be lumped with the Quest users?

Will I be able to play the mobile version with an Xbox controller connected over BlueTooth?

Don’t have an answer for this yet, sorry.

Yes! Additionally, I’ve used a Razer Kishi on my Pixel 6 Pro to play VRChat and it works wonderfully!

1 Like

Looking forward to finally being able to test the quest versions of my avatars :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Any news on Steam Audio?

1 Like

Oh gosh VRChat on mobile? I’ll never get away! :laughing: :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

The move to 2021 unity is exciting! Is there any news or interest in URP instead of the build in render pipeline?

2 Likes

considering this larger step towards unity upgrades, does this mean a possibility of purging of old unused avatar bundles such as unity 5.3? cant imagine all the storage is very cheap for and would make more sense for bundles that don’t get loaded / have been replaced by a newer bundle version to get selectively wiped if they have more up to date bundles listed in the versions JSON.

Time for VRChat’s player count to double… with more children

2 Likes

Are there any plans of giving VRChat for Android access to world creator rather than just VRC+ Subscribers?

It would make a lot of sense and not everyone has enough income available for the subscriptions.

4 Likes

Group+ Invites seem to be a very popular item. Is this something that is planned with group update 2?

3 Likes

Hoping we get some input customizability improvements with the engine upgrade and Android coming along. It seems like a ripe time to overhaul those inputs.

SPS being pretty much solved is a great thing to hear. Kudos to the wizardry between the VRChat team and the Unity team.

Hoping that maybe you are able to jump to 2022 and not 2021 as having used both, 2022 has some other nice enhancements

1 Like

This means my long predicted “VRChat Mobile” is becoming a reality
–longlive cardboard vr–

This is going to be funny as hell when avatar Icons have to be redone to Blue, Green, and White for “PC, Mobile, and iOS”

1 Like

that would be under the impression that children would have VRCPlus considering its launching as a vrc plus exclusive for the first 6 months. but in the coming months when its public oh boy

Almost certainly not, a swap to URP/HDRP is a full content wipe. :sweat_smile:

Storage is very cheap compared to other costs, actually!

Current plan is to get you guys some relevant info with next week’s update

2 Likes

Click interested on the canny then :cry: Can’t wait for next week then. Yall hard at work lately 0.0

Well that would be comparing, I can see its appearing very cheap when your comparing with Photon + cloudflare spectrum costs even with a hefty discount if applicable.

1 Like

they had me in the first half ngl.

Could the update to Unity 2021 allow you guys to implement upscaling technology into the game, like DLSS and FSR?

1 Like