Developer Update - 19 August 2022

Very nice, keep going!

Please add FSR 1.0 (with the ability to use only sharpening. Or just add - AMD FidelityFX CAS (Contrast Adaptive Sharpening)

Bool for earmuffs is an amazing idea that I didn’t know that I needed!

well thats a nice work now i regret to be one of that guy who scream everywhere vrc will die with eac…

thanks for the awesome updates. can we have option where the mirror spawn vertical? i hate when it spawn where i look, i have to adjust it manually and it will always be a bit off, will be awesome if there button where we get option to turn that on or off, Thanks

Very nice, I recommend leaving chatboxes on by default still and I hope this makes it to the main branch.

My biggest suggestion right now chatbox wise would be chatbox stacking as yhe message being replaced makes conversation flow weird.

Other than that I would really like FSR and Avatar search to be native.

Can we please have menu options to disable components of the world you’re in? For example, being able to hide portals, pickups, physics objects from the world through your menu for better performance. (If you’ve hidden pickups in the black cat, you’ve noticed the performance improvement!) This functionality was present in previous mods.

i really miss the immersive hud mode, in my opinion having the microphone icon constantly visible at all times ruins immersion for me. and turning of the Hud completely isn’t a good solution since it also hides invites/friend requests.
i also wish we still had the mirror reposition button like in the earlier beta. instead of having to turn on grab, then try to grab the mirror 20 times b.efore it works, and then turn grabbing off again

isn’t much but one little feature i would enjoy is being able to see my photos i’ve taken become my loading screens. at most it would just need access to the folders where they’re kept so it wouldn’t be too difficult to implement, if it’s ever considered.

i was also thinking about this. because friends of mine are squeamish on this idea as well and it would be ideal if the EAC was lighter.

That’s amazing to hear! Hopefully a good amount of people come back to VRchat! :grin:

One issue I have is inconsistent performance and crashing since the big update, I used to use virtual desktop and oculus software to run vr chat, now I have to use airlink and oculus software otherwise it opens in desktop mode. Airlink is fine for other pc vr games and my network is strong I get 1200mbps since I have a WiFi 6 router in the same room as I VR in and pc is wired connection to that router. I’d really like to use virtual desktop again my FPS was better my stability is better. Also I’ve tried using steam vr with vr chat and airlink/and virtual desktop but … For some reason I get stick drift on Steam vr with vr chat only, I also have the entire screen shake in steam vr specifically when something is loading I’ve reinstalled windows and optimised my pc for vr and I have the same issues lag spikes are definitely an issue and I’d like to see some CPU optimization I have an 8 core Ryzen CPU and it barely gets used and honestly vr chat would be reaching alot more people if it was more cpu optimised since most ppl have lower end systems these days , thanks for the work you’ve been doing just a few things to get it to a proper standard so everyone can play it

Well you can’t change it over 8k for no reason. And just because it lags some people its not a reason to not add it, thats why we have the settings.

Not many people need a mirror resolution changer. As much people need the mirror resolution changer as the avatar viewpoint tweaker. Come on, if it was easy to add it with a [redacted] then it would be as easy to just implement it and there would be no need for anything extra for the feature to work as expected. People will use it, that’s for sure.

Hi there. I feel that with all of these great new features being added, the settings menu is getting a fair bit crowded.
As someone who is constantly sitting down and standing up, it’s getting a little troublesome to scroll through a menu over and over to reach the Locomotion Animation toggle. I was wondering if there was a possibility of adding a way to bookmark certain settings for ease of access, since sliders also often get in the way of scrolling (this may just be a skill issue on my end).

Thanks!

Quest 2 has had hand tracking support for a long time. I even have like 2 osc compatible avatars.

Personally I feel if they did add an avatar search, it should be an opt in thing that has stricter requirements for what can be made searchable, like excellent/good ratings, and have both PC and Quest uploads.

Basically much like the requirements they had for the avatars that were submitted to the public list of user made avatars.

This feature being shown off is just a parameter you can use if you want to, similar to the MuteSelf parameter that allows you to visibly show other people when you’re muted.

New post up here: https://ask.vrchat.com/t/developer-update-23-august-2022

1 Like