Developer Update - 19 August 2022

I found looking at the shoes helps with lining up perfectly, is the best method I have right now
id like snap angles too but I’m not stressing over it

you can still go in an change the camera pixels yourself
there is a reddit post you can find to do it, just look it up.
I assume its because over 8K laggggggsss the game if your pc not the best (mine is decent and it lags me each time heh)

YES but I dont think it will happen anytime soon.
its so hard to find a world by just typing in the name of the avatar like “mint”.

At this point I dunno how many of the modders would be up for giving any tips, especially without their precious credits.
Plus some of them work for ChilloutVR now.

VRC’s avatar hider is an improvement over the mod in functionality (closest x amount is a godsend).

The personal mirror placement is something I think the mod equivalent did better, placing it aligned with the Y axis of the world, instead of your head.

This, so much this!
Need that perfect Y-axis alignment for the ultimate mirror experience. xD

Day 27 of requesting for mic icon to be a separate hud element that can be toggle on or off independently.

4 Likes

Can head rotation get unlocked for half-body?? There’s no reason to restrict head rotation, let people look straight up or flip their head upside down if they are able. The head isn’t rotation locked in FBT, why is it in half body & desktop?

Also can Horizon Adjust have manual adjustment added, instead of simply snapping the current perspective to upright?

2 Likes

I’ve been told it seems that my old world, Hyaenidae Emporium suffers from this too on the live beta, but the way you got it worded confuses me on if it’s some additional feature for portals, or just something that was on the old portals by default?

Henlo, is there any chance we’re getting hand tracking for quest 2 or somethin’ like that?

Thanks

First of All, thank you very much that you Guys
listen to the Community and do a lot of Work!

Second: I have a Question for the Camera, is it possible to add a “Fish-Eye-Effect” Filter? I know there is already kinda one, if you zoom out and stand close to the lens. In General some more Fun Filters would be nice :smiley:

It would be nice if a 4th option was added to the initial radial menu, called ‘Utilities’ or something similar, instead of hiding every day features inside the options section.

Good look

Can we also get an earmuffsLevel parameter that’s a float? Telling people earmuffs is on via avatar parameters is cool, telling people earmuffs is on and what you have them set to is even better.

I don’t want avatar search ingame if it causes hiccups. The menu itself is already causes freeze.
Avatar search on website is better for me, because it off-load the game a lot.

But there are reasons why there is no avatar search: the avatar worlds will come USELESS. Creators made worlds to show avatars. With search, nobody will visit worlds. What is the point then to make avatar world if search is possible?

You may explain to me why we still make avatar worlds.

Emojis as outlined version is kinda weird because some icons are less nice. Is there reason why not just normal colored version. Because we have red too, and we have already gray box for chat. Some emoji need really color to see the meaning better. This is just not great design idea.

Earmuffs as object on your head? Please that is bad idea. We have so many avatars and i am sure some people don’t want see ugly earmuffs object on them. Or avatar is different shaped it will look ugly or weird. It’s not ideal idea due different tastes of us and different avatars…

Why can you not make icon near the name tag? Is this already too hard to add indicators at name tags? You did it already for whole time, and now… object on avatar? Due different taste of people, i should not recommend it.

Still waiting for camera pins save feature. And please make full pin rotation possible. And i want see quick buttons on camera. Most important are: [toggle camera mode] - [timer] - [world lock] - [cam lock]. You have already one button there: camera front/back swap.

devs pls fixe the issue for the amd graphiccards users which crash many vr users with amd graphiccards i dont know what to say else cause u wont remove eac anyway so , the problem i talking about is most amd graphiccards users are crashing in worlds cause of the auto players the play music automaticcally after they join a world

Hey, thanks for all the updates vrc team.

I really hope you’ll be able to add touch camera controls because it makes the camera so much easier to use.

Thanks for caring for your game and good luck.

2 Likes

On my phone I use word prediction. Any plans to add that to quickly have a way to finish your words in the textbox?

This looks good! I am glad we are finally getting some good and useful features, I am excited to see what’s coming next!

What about more safety settings? I believe there was a mod that was widely used among the modding community which is called Advanced Safety and basically what it does is it checks the bundle for any corrupted assets and if it finds it it just prevents the avatar from downloading and turns the user into an error bot preventing you to get crashed. Maybe something similar for PC and Quest users because it’s still possible to crash them. Most PC crashers are gone though because you’ll crash yourself before you crash the entire lobby but it is still possible to crash quest users with an ease.

I feel like preventing crashes will put this game in a better spotlight as I believe that was your initial goal with EAC but did not really work as seen from the reviews on Steam. You are already doing a great job recovering for sure, there is no way anyone can deny that. All these features you guys are releasing are absolutely amazing and something we needed.

This is just my suggestion, if you have other plans for it then okay, it’s for us to just sit patiently and wait.