Developer Update - 13 October 2022

It isn’t avatar scaling. :sweat_smile: We haven’t forgotten about it but the system were going to talk about is something else. Has to do with avatar creation and development.

Avatar scaling is still getting worked on, but I don’t have an ETA for you yet.

Uhhhh soooOOOOooooOoon-ish

Don’t think so but Dark Reader works fine on it.

Not at this time.

Nope!

It’s being worked on, no ETA.

Can you post a screenshot?

While I understand this is the easiest way for people to upload avatars for other people, we really do not want to encourage it. It is one of the main ways that accounts get compromise nowadays (modified clients used to be number one by far, but…)

We want to build a system that allows people to do this, but don’t have any plans to do it in the immediate future.

I think that’s the old gallery icon? I think you got changed at some point.

2 Likes

Nice nice, keep going! There are still more things to cover :heart:

can we hope that avatar search will come back or do you think it won’t come back this year? just to know :frowning:

1 Like

Well the ability to organize and search your avatar favorites. Tag lines maybe? IE swimsuits to all avatars that have a swimsuit on them. that or ability to put them in folders

1 Like

You should request that on the VRChat Canny!

Looks like either:
Avatar Marketplace/Ingame editor, not usingUnity Packages anymore so avatar shaders can be updated without reupload, or Blocking avatars based on texture memory

Hello Hello, I have realised since the latest update that the Radial Menu has become a little bug?

I try explain I think

so when you open your Radial menu, select any submenu you want to go into, and close your radial menu, upon opening it again, it should still be in that particular submenu right?

the weird thing thou is, if you close your radial menu and open your launchpad, then close launchpad and reopen your radial menu again, your radial menu has reset in wich folder it is and is back to the “Settings/Emojis/Expressions” layer basically the starting layer again, and for one that uses the radial menu alot it do is a big annoyance to deal with >.<

is that an intentional change or really a bug as I would assume?

I’ve noticed a few things I still think would be easier to point out here. I’ve harped on you guys for vision issues which I’ve partly resolved and have to point out “Some of the things you do are kinda half-baked”

The new buttons with the latest update are actually harder to find, when I’m navigating in the main menu to find what mode I wanna set. They’re a lot more compressed than they need to be.

The worlds tab is also an atrocious mess with too much going on visually, I feel. On top of that, it’s actually causing me to spend a significant amount of time to find the search bar, which should be a headlining element in that section of the UI, because of where it is. Oftentimes I’m looking to search for something and it can take up to 30 seconds to locate because of how visually noisy I find that section.

The socials tab are honestly a major improvement.

I’d also push, again, on adding borders to the nameplates so friends can be recognized by the borders instead of text. It’d also make it slightly more resemble the new UI as well. I’ve been so desperate for this change in particular I even drummed up ways to monetize it, and think the borders should be independent from the persistent worlds update where it was suggested that you’d be able to overhaul UI elements using that to work with games.

I’m simply picking what route I think will most likely get me a response and get noticed here. But the worlds menu and the new buttons are serious concerns.

Can third party sites grant access to the same avatar to multiple accounts? Thinking of how ready player me, and possibly other sites work.

Actually on that topic, I haven’t checked with the new menu, but in the old menu I can choose such an avatar out of the “Others” category, but if I try and click a ready player me out of recent, I don’t have permissions.

@tupper Is creating a vrchat Group will only be available to VRC+ users?

In this Tupper talks about groups plans

could we ever get camera animation for content creators? if don’t know what mean by where it moves by itself all gotta do is set up the area to move to.

New update is up!