Developer Update - 12 October 2023

This is due to compression and reduced colour precision. This depends on both the colour settings for the rendertexture, and the final saved image format.

Any chance of vrchat coming to iPhone?

In short, quite likely not Apparently it was mentioned in a past update and I didn’t notice it, but the point remains that it is very unlikely to be anytime soon (probably still in investigation phase if I had to guess), and whenever it does come it won’t automatically have a lot of content like Android does.

In order to support a new platform, all content (this means worlds and avatars) need to be explicitly compiled for the platform. Android didn’t require this because the Quest runs a version of Android and thus Quest content was already compatible with Android.

Never say never, but it would be far more nontrivial to support iOS than it was for Android.

It’s definitely nontrivial, but I do believe I’ve seen VRChat express interest in iOS.

1 Like

They… quite LITERALLY announced it as coming to iOS at some point post-Android.

Developer Update - 30 March 2023 - Official / Dev Updates - VRChat Ask

1 Like

In regards to Content Gating, will the “shoot first, maybe ask questions later” policy of banning for NSFW content without providing the banned user with any detail of which avatar was the cause or anything, be lifted or updated?

Why are you using scene capture and not just uploading the image directly?

cool we got an adult themes and languages generic NSFW tag now i will probably use it for all my avatars just for proprieties sake

I made a canny post for this. It would benefit vrchat greatly.

1 Like