Viseme exist but do not show up in avatar descriptor

I was asked to help setup someones avatar for VRChat. I’m able to set everything up fine and well until I get to the avatar descriptor and specifically the lip sync part. The body mesh of the avatar seems to possess the blendshapes needed for viseme but when I select Viseme Blend Shapes then drag the body skinned mesh renderer into the Viseme Skinned Mesh nothing pops up. I did not create this model and was simply asked to optimize it but now I’m stuck at this part in the process.! ezgif.com-video-to-gif

That SDK looks fairly old. What Unity version and SDK are you using anyway?

Unity 2018.4.20f1 and the SDK was downloaded recently but I will check to see if it’s outdated. I was working on a model yesterday and it all was working fine.

I downloaded the most recent version of SDK and tried again but the same problem persists. I also went into blender and checked that the visemes were set up and they were but I will try to mess around with it in blender again.

Try a new project and see if that works.

I made a new project and that seemed to work. Thank you! Still don’t know what was wrong the first time though but I’m happy it’s fixed.