VideoPlayers error, confusion and later on disaster

Hi guys!

I am trying to build a music festival on the beach and I need to know what video player is best and how to use it.

Ideally, I want 3 to 5 screens reproducing non-stoping playlists once people enter the world but I realized that

1. Many screens are not a good idea because only one plays automatically.
  2. Even with the URL for youtube’s playlist, they play only the first.
  3. When Build&test (for pc) it works but Build&Publish for Windows gives me an error on the console saying “WindowsVideoMedia error 0xc00d36c4 while reading ElektroCardioPioneers (Djoy de Cuba) - YouTube” (cannot play URL)

I tried using ProTV_v2.2 by @techanon which looks really good but just importing the package, without using the ProTV on the scene, gives many troubles on the console and doesn’t even let me test my world anymore…

My brain is already squeezed that’s why I came here to ask for some ideas.

I know you are very nice people in a very cool and responsive community which I am very happy to be part of.

What are your suggestions for videoplayers?
How do I put a list of text buttons so users can play the video they want?
Do video players have to depend on youtube or I can upload an MPEG file?

Thank you so much!

If you are having issues with importing the ProTV package, this is generally a Unity issue. Contact me on my discord server if you want and I can help you with figuring out what the problem is.

1 Like

Thank you very much!

I am more inclined to believe that since I am learning, I made a mess of the VRCSDK but I’ll reach you on Discord. Thanks again!

No problem.

For posterity: Resolution was to ensure that UdonSharp was installed prior to importing the video player asset.

1 Like