Unable to build and test/upload world

Solution:

I forgot to add the VRCWorld prefab.

Original post:

When selecting the “Build and test” or Build and publish for" buttons in the VRC SDK, nothing seemingly happens. For the “Build and publish” I see Unity start loading, but it does not bring up the next window in the process of uploading. For “Build and test” nothing happens.
There are no custom scripts loaded.

I have error messages, see below.
These errors appear to happen for all dll’s in the given directory.
This is my first time mapping in Unity.

Unity 2018.4.20f1
SDK V3

EDITS:

After unchecking “Validate references” for the DLL’s in the errors below, i was able to upload and test, however the map does not load. I assume something related to the building of the world went wrong.

ERRORS:

Socket: bind failed, error: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access >permissions.
(0)

Unable to join player connection multicast group.

Assembly ‘Assets/Udon/Editor/External/VRC.Udon.EditorBindings.dll’ will not be loaded due to errors:
Unable to resolve reference ‘Cinemachine’. Is the assembly missing or incompatible with the current >platform?
Reference validation can be disabled in the Plugin Inspector.
Unable to resolve reference ‘Unity.TextMeshPro’. Is the assembly missing or incompatible with the >current platform?

Assembly ‘Assets/Udon/Editor/External/VRC.Udon.VRCGraphModules.dll’ will not be loaded due to >errors:
Reference has errors ‘VRC.Udon.Graph’.

Assembly ‘Assets/Udon/Editor/External/VRC.Udon.Graph.dll’ will not be loaded due to errors:
Unable to resolve reference ‘Cinemachine’. Is the assembly missing or incompatible with the current >platform?
Unable to resolve reference ‘Unity.TextMeshPro’. Is the assembly missing or incompatible with the >current platform?

Assembly ‘Assets/Udon/Editor/External/VRC.Udon.VRCGraphModules.dll’ will not be loaded due to >errors:
Reference has errors ‘VRC.Udon.Graph’.

Solved

1 Like

@codenamegeneral Could you please share with us how you solved the problem.

Thank you!

Hi, the solution is at the top of the original post, although I see now it is somewhat difficult to spot.

The solution was to add the VRCworld prefab, this can be found in the VRchat folder after importing the VRChat SDK.