UI button as normal button?

Not sure if this belongs here, but I’ve been trying to figure out a way to make a UI element usable without using extra objects as buttons, and without ray tracking. A player would have to walk up to it to use it like a normal button/ interactable. I’ve tried many things by now, adding/ removing components (like colliders, ray tracking), changing layers, changing values (like Raycast Target on/ off), and such, but nothing seems to work properly.

Any help would be welcome.
(or an answer telling me it’s not possible and I have to slap the UI onto a separate game object, which so far seems like the only solution)

@zaelux check out the SyncUI scene in Assets/Udon/Examples, this uses a variety of UI elements with Udon Behaviours.

Already did, however they all use ray tracking so you could “click” the UI elements from anywhere instead of having to walk up to it to interact.

Ah, now I understand. You can put a VRCPickup component on an object and uncheck its ‘Pickupable’ property. Then it will fire ‘Interact’ when someone interacts with it, and show a ‘Use’ tooltip by default.

Thank you. That is exactly what I was looking for!