Trying to install from UnityHub's archive webpage throws error message

Hi, have been having an issue installing the right Unity version from the Unity archive for VCC, was wondering if anyone else has ever run into this?

Trying to install from UnityHub’s archive webpage throws “This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Settings page.”

This happens after clicking on the “Unity Hub” button for the Unity package on Download Archive. It notes the location
unityhub://2019.4.31f1/bd5abf232a62

Not sure how to direct the computer to do the right thing now that it’s confused. Any help is appreciated!

OS is Windows 11, browser Firefox.

Screenshot 2023-07-20 022911

I could see getting that error if you didn’t have unityhub installed. Something is trying to directly ask unity hub to do something

Is unityhub the program installed on your PC?

That’s the version you want to have unityhub install.

Start Your Creative Projects and Download the Unity Hub | Unity the step one was maybe glossed over when someone was writing the instructions you’ve been following

Given your response it was clear it wasn’t detecting where I had it installed or something along those lines:

Uninstalling and reinstalling my UnityHub mostly worked: It struggled installing the Visual studio Community 2019 and later, the android SDKs.
I cancelled these when they didn’t work, and then carefully installed them separately - both issues are fairly well documented online as common problems.

Then adding projects worked as normal. Right now, everything is working! I also installed on C:(wid instead of my external. This might have helped also. Every other library now points to that drive except the program itself.

Hope this helps someone else. Clean install on C:, don’t panic when parts of the installation process doesn’t work, cancel those, search up how to install these after the fact. :melting_face: Then CreatorCompanion should boot up alright.