Rough price range for fully custom avatar?

Hey

So i might go back into VR in the near future and i was wondering if anyone could give me a rough estimate of how much you tend to pay for a custom avatar. For example you watch a lot of anime and you want one of the characters from your favorite show to be turned into an avatar for you to use from scratch how much does that tend cost from a skilled creator?

I’m just talking an avatar no custom animations yet.

The prices can vary wildly based on person, work needed to be done, etc.

If it needs to be made from scratch (like what you’re asking about) then it could cost hundreds. Like $200 - $700+. It depends on the amount of work that needs to be done and the person you’re commissioning. It can be as low as $100, but I wouldn’t get your hopes up.

If you want a “Frankenstein” model I.E. a model made from pre-existing assets that the creator has or can get then it may be more like $100 or less I’ve seen people charge as low as $20 for models like this. (Again depends on the person and work needed to be done such as if the model needs to be re-textured.)

These are estimates based on information collected on how much users charge in the VRC Traders discord at times it may be false, as stated the pricing can wildly vary.

1 Like

Oh boy, Between buying a more suited computer and the set itself i might have to hold off a bit on that then. Thanks tho.