Mask and blendshapes refuse to animate ingame

I have built my second avatar now, and just like the previous one, it contains extra bones attached to the humanoid bones which are added into the mask upon importing animations, all preview windows show everything functioning as expected, but once ingame the extra bones and blendshapes do not function or animate at all.

im thinking it might be related to this error message in the builder page telling me certain bones are not “first child” of parent bones, may result in improper targeting or something something.

why not try using constraints or fixed joint to move it?

Is there a tutorial for this?

Idk if there’s a tutorial specifc for that but you can search how constraints work and that will give you an idea.

In general, you should use some Rotation Constraints in your “fake” arm bones that are connected to the real arm bones, that way they will inherit their rotation

edit: just noticed this is 18 days old, hope at least helps someone in the future

forgot about this avatar that i was workin on, i was focusing on a different one. turns out constraints are not allowed for quest avatars.

what i am trying to do is shove the arms inside the robot body when not in use and slip them out of the holes on the side when being used. But that fluid movement cannot be achieved when the rigged bones can only be rotated, hence why i chose to add in more bones, which are not rigged and hence not bound by the limits of location and scale.

my previous avatar gave me no problem in animating the extra bones, but this new one refuses to move any of the bones whatsoever.

I decided to change the hierarchy by making 3 separate sets of arms, two sets of which are parented to the hips, but NONE of them are animating whatsoever. Everything in unity is set up perfectly, from the baked animations, the mask, the controller, the descriptor, all of it. By VRchat is just giving my the big middle finger like a bitch