Lighting issues with Avatar

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

tried the legacy blend shape option in unity?

Legacy Blend Shapes is on on the model, I don’t really understand how it affects things though

blendshapes have a tendency to affect lighting, which is why it’s usually set to legacy to prevent it from doing so.

That aside it can be a multitude of reasons it’s happening, uv mapping, shaders, the textures themselves.

Blend shapes shouldn’t really pose a problem here since I’m not using any, I have a custom viseme layer with Viseme Parameter Only that uses animated UV Offsets to animate the mouth across a what is basically a mouth sprite sheet.

I think I can rule out UV mapping and the texture itself since I know it’s all the same color, my guess why this would be happening is because the mouth is a seperate mesh and shader from the face, so it gets it’s own lighting applied, what I basically want is for the mouth to have the same uniform lighting as it would have if it wasn’t seperated.

Solved this by making the mouth sheet transparent. Actually a pretty easy fix, don’t know how I didn’t think of it before.